• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pistol Pros Please Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a colt 62 Police here that is supposedly made by UBERTI. It came in a Uberti box and the serial number on the gun is the same as the number on the box...however the Uberti stamp
( a rifled barrel with the "U" inside) is not on the frame...the pistol is not marked UBERTI anywhere....
Question: was there a period in time when UBERTI did not stamp thier guns with thier logo?

I think in general on the small size newer Uberiti's they do not have the logo stamp (U inside octagon barrel). This may apply to larger Uberti revolvers also. Perhaps this applies to production after Uberti was sold following the passing of Aldo Uberti.

I read you stating no markings anywhere... no offense intended... just to be sure... have you looked on the underside of the barrel (above the loading lever) for very small and usually lightly marked Uberti markings?

If you can post a couple good close up pictures that would help a lot.

Hopefully other members will have more information.

I have a Uberti '62 police that I bought new a couple of years ago. It has serial #'s on the frame in front of the trigger guard and on the bottom the barrel. The numbers are 5 digit with an A prefix. There are 2 proof marks on the right side of the barrel at about 2 o'clock to the wedge and one on the right side of the frame below the cylinder. Stamped quite deeply into the bottom of the barrel (have to lower the rammer) is: CAL.36 BLACK POWDER ONLY-A. UBERTIITALY.
I have 2 1873 Colt millenium finish and a Cimeron which are marked mfg. by Uberti, no octagon w/U inside. I just checked my wife's 1858 Remington and there is no maker's mark on it. It is a Uberti as I was a dealer and used to go over to the importer (about 3 miles) and hand pick them. I wouldn't sell anything except a Uberti and they came in a Uberti box serial #'d to the gun w/Uberti literature.

Hawkeye2

My Uberti 1862 Police is old, being made in 1977 but it is marked with the Unerti trademark on the right side of the frame, the Italian Proof marks marked on the barrel and frame and cylinder, "A UBERTI & C. GARDONE V.T.ITALY" marked on the left side of the barrel, "-BLACK POWDER ONLY-" marked on the lower right side of the barrel and the serial number "906xx" on the barrel under the loading lever.

I think it strange that a company that is so proud of its arms would not mark its trademark on its work.

I think it's strange too that they aren't all marked but that is the way they came. As out of the box shooters Ubertis were head and shoulders above the others, some not even requiring help from a stone. I shoot a Pieta in competition from time to time (it was an Xmas present) but it took quite a bit of work from an excelent gunsmith to get it up to useable condition.
Hawkeye2

Yea Zonie...I think it strange too. I also have a '49 colt that came in a Uberti box and the serial matches the number on the box, the gun is only stamped "BLACK POWDER ONLY MADE IN ITALY"
under the loading lever....????

From where did you get the gun?

There are people who 'defarb' guns, purposefully removing things like brand logos and other identification.

I recently read (on another forum) of an importer who removed such marks, including relocating the 'Black Powder Only, Made In Italy' from the side of the barrel to under the loading lever.

My 49 baby dragoon has the proof marks, date code and "BLACK POWDER ONLY MADE IN ITALY" under the barrel. No Uberti ID I have found. I bought this gun NIB. Serial number matches the Uberti box. Apparently not all newer ones are marked with the Uberti trade mark.

Well Mykeal...I bought this one on an online auction....ther was no mention of it being defarbed...
Madcratebuilder...I am glad to hear that you have one too!!!
I assume mine has been partially defarbed..
I can tell by the grips ( reddish) that it is a true Uberti. The gun is awesome...I LOVE it.
I guess its an asset to have the unnecessary stampings removed...

Madcratebuilder..thanks again for the Lemat tools!!! They are TOP NOTCH !

Back