• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Williamson Arms Griswold & Gunnison Reproduction-Anyone Heard Of Them?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of Williamson Arms? Just picked this up from an estate auction. It is a .36 caliber reproduction Griswold and Gunnison. It has a 1968 date code and the Italian proofs on the frame and barrel. Serial number is 1050. No maker marks that I can find. The top of the barrel flat is stamped WILLIAMSON ARMS ITALY. Anyone ever heard of them. Searching the internet I found one other pistol like this that sold in I think Wyoming and a Williamson Arms marked barrel for sale. All the finish looks 100% original. Locks up tight and cycles nice. Clean inside and out. The pistol like this I saw on the internet sale had the same dark grips like this one. The pistol came with the flask, mold, and powder measure, and a pistol case. I got a note in an envelope from the owner. He states he inherited the pistol from his uncle in 1982. He said he never shot it but his uncle did. He said he disassembled it and thoroughly cleaned it. He even added his name and address if any questions. Paid $275 for it so not into it for much but I am a sucker for the unusual.

Attachments

• DSCN0784.JPG
    DSCN0784.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0786.JPG
    DSCN0786.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0785.JPG
    DSCN0785.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0789.JPG
    DSCN0789.JPG