• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pictures of our new home

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroncaTAL

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday my shooting club, the Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade, had its first shoot at our new home. The new site is just a couple miles from the Flying M Ranch, where we were located for some 23 years. The new site is nestled down in a little valley, named "Coon Hollow" by the owner. We have room up above the valley to hold a Rondezvous. The owner is very supportive to have us there and after walking around yesterday watching us, he was saying that he wants to get involved with the club :)

Scott

P4180150.jpg

P4180152.jpg

P4180154.jpg

P4180156.jpg

P4180153.jpg

I was hoping that your club would find a new home. I hadn't heard anything for a while and nothing was posted on your web site. Also nothing was posted on the Washington State Muzzleloaders Association web site so I was worried. Could you give any details as to when your next rondy is planned? I sure had fun shooting at your club thru the years. Great news!

Well, sadly, we do know that we will not be hosting a memorial weekend shoot this year. Just not enough time to get trails built and such.
We are anticipating doing an october "Trask Mountain Primitive" type rondy more than likely.
This new site has a way much larger area for camping, both primitive and tin teepee areas, lots of woods and an area that will allow for a fairly creative trail walk, complete with the winding river that you were probably used to!
Scott's pics are of the club monthly shooting ground and it allows us to shoot out to about 125 yds, and will lend itself to a good area for a pistol trail.
We shoot the 3rd saturday of every month regardless of the weather. Come out and visit!
Next on our agenda to to rebuild our sheds and covers and expand/add more roof tops!

Looks good Scott. :thumbsup: Should be a great place for a trailwalk. You have your work cut out but it'll be worth it. GW

Looks real nice these new area. Good to hear that the land owner wants to paticipate. Try to get him hooked. Good luck! :thumbsup:
BTW in Germany such a shooting would be impossible.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Ha ha

Awesome! I recognize a few faces in the photos and would have loved to have shot there with you all.

I had a lot of fun at the first Trask Mt. primitive, and hope to attend again.
I remember sitting by the fire at night, passing a jug around with the buckskin-clad old timers felt like I time warped back to 1830!
Good times :grin:

Scott and Brett, Thanks for the photo's and information! Getting a new range started is always a lot of work, but really enjoyable also!

I don't think my old mules could make a trail that far away, or this flatlander would come out and see it first hand!

Rick

Build it, and they will come

I have great memories of the Flying M. :thumbsup:

We look forward to hitchin up the wagon and making the 3 hour trek

Johnny Tremain said:
Build it, and they will come

I have great memories of the Flying M. :thumbsup:

We look forward to hitchin up the wagon and making the 3 hour trek

..and its only 1.4 miles from the old site and easier to get to!

Now I only seed a couple fellers n ladies dressed normal like, the rest of em had on some kinda blue colored britchs n such. That some new europeean style out yer way. Just joshen ya, looks like a real fine set up ya'all are getten together there, best of luck to ya , YMHS Birdman

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and words. It will be a bit of work to get everything built, but I'm looking forward to it. Rick, if you ever get a wild hair, would love to see you. Iain, you don't have the excuse of distance, come on out!
Scott

That is great I would like to see more pics of shoots to see all of the different places people shoot at. I like the set up their. I like to shoot primative the best. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back