• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

photos of 36 cal Tryon Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cynthialee said:
spiffy

but what is up with the rubber bands?

Must be missing the frizzen spring :hmm: --Ha, ha, ha!

not sure why the rubber bands...
this was an auction find and its still in transit
. the price was right so I didn't have time to ask questions...
the pic shows both lock bolts...so whay the rubber bands? maybe a triggerguard screw is missing...I dunno yet.

Now that everyone has commented on the rubber bands, they have gotten me wondering exactly why they are there. As soon as you get the gun, let us know what that is all about.

Not too difficult to fix. Either get larger lock bolt(s)or braze a little bit in the hole to close it up and re-drill and tap it. If you have to do any brazing, it will mess up the patina so getting a larger lock bolt would be your best first choice.

I was contacted by the seller and she said the bolt stripped...also said their gunsmith fixed it.
And it does cock !
Now I am worried as to why they sold it as a
wall hanger....

Liability reasons most likely

You get hurt shooting it and they can claim they sold it as a wall hanger

Back