• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Peep sights for T/C's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you that have T/C muzzle loaders with the small screw on the top of the breech plug and would like to install a cheap peep sight. If your T/C has a sling swivel stud on the ram rod pipe, remove it, remove the mounting screw and replace said screw with a 6X48 screw with the head removed. Add the corresponding nut to the screw along with a small rubber "o" ring. Thread the unit into the breech plug hole and secure down with the nut over the "o" ring. Elevation adjustment only. Horizontal adjustment by tapping the front sight as required.
This is not a precision sight, more of a ghost ring sight. I have done this on a few of my T/C guns and found I can shoot better groups with my ageing eyes. The beauty part is you don't have to drill holes in your barrel, puts the peep sight up close to your eye, and you can easily return to your open sights if you wish.
Just thought I would pass this little tidbit on to you guys that are having trouble seeing the rear open sights like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back