• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

peep or tang sight on armi richmond rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squitoeast

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hi ive been told a peep soght or tang wont fit on my armi 58cal richmond rifle. the sights it came with are hard on my old eyes and i thought if i had a peep or tang i could focus better thanks

Huh. Can't imagine it unless the tang is just too short, but I don't know the rifle. Should just be a matter of drilling and tapping one hole while utilizing the tang screw for the second in the sight.

Huh.

is not the rear sight held on that rifle with . . . I think a dove tail with a screw about 3/4" behind it?

If it is as I think, then that should work well to hold a ghost ring mounted on one end of a length (3-4") of spring steel. that would move the ring back far enough to sight through & no drilling or tapping the barrel.

I hope I have the right rifle in mind. If not....Never mind :grin:

Depending upon what type of tang sight you install, you may very well wind up needing a higher front sight which is problematic with a musket.

Duane

What you can do is to make a new rear sight of an angle iron, such as shown in this article. Drill aperture holes in the leafs.

You will then need a higher front sight. Perhaps this sight will suit your needs?

thank you, ill check it out, i bought a peepsight that sticks to my eyeglass lens from dixi g. works, works but not 4 deer hunting

i had a gun smith put a blade sight on and adjustable rear sight, turns out there is a dovetail allready cut in barrel under the factory rear sight so was very simple. shootin a roundball with 85gr. 3f , works great!

Back