• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Waddlander or Bristlen ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlwwade

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experince with a Pedersoli Waddlander or Bristlen Morges? I am thinking of using one for Schuetzen. A 35cal. with an 18 twist would great.

Thanks

James

They are both very nice heavy rifles. The Petersoli Bristlen is 44 caliber and rifled for conical bullets only. The Waadtlander is 45 caliber and rifled for the round ball. I have a Waadtlander that i've yet to shoot and several years ago I had the Bristlen. At that time I was set up to cast my own conical bullets for the rifle, however never shot the gun. Traded to a fellow in Kansas who, with my cast bullet killed a nice buck. I'ts to bad that both rifles have gotten so expensive...If you will watch all of the auction sights and for sale sights here on the net you might locate one of these nice target rifles. I purchased the Bristlen fron DGW back when they were around $1200. And was lucky enough to find my Waadtlander in like new condition on one of the gun auction sights for slightly less than a grand. Good luck in your search.

I had a Bristlen and fired it with 35 grains of Swiss #2 (3F) and an RCBS Minie. It was a very accurate rifle and at 50m offhand placed the bullets where I pointed the rifle (not always the middle of the target!).

David

Both are good guns. :thumbsup:

It just depends on what you prefer - conical or RB. :wink:

Back