• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1/48 twist conicals

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if anyone has experience shooting conicals out of 1/48 twist barrel. The gun is a Pedersoli Pa long rifle.
Any experience or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks again
If your Pedersoli PA has rather shallow rifling (I am not familiar with the particulars of this model), it should handle conicals well, particularly shorter ones. A Lee REAL may be a good place to start. I would also have some slightly oversized wads available when testing loads. Easy enough to check effectiveness.

Last edited:
If I am shooting conicals from my rifles (all 1/48) then I prefer the TC Maxi Hunter 275. If I use the heavier 350 grain ones I have to put too much powder in it for my old and delicate shoulders. Whomps on me too hard.
But those 275's work great with 10 more grains than I use for the PRB load.

I've been having good results with the REAL 320 grain in my Ped frontier rifle with the same twist. 70 grains of 2F Schuetzen is giving me about the same accuracy as my home cast PRB within 80 yards or so, still haven't gotten the chance to test them at longer distance.

Latest posts

Back