• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Smoothbore Mod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have surplus of .36 rifles as I just picked up a percussion Pedersoli Frontier in .36 for an unbelievable price. I couldn't say no. I want to turn this into a .50 caliber smoothbore, just because.

I have reached out to Mr. Hoyt but I can't get him on the phone. He seems to be the go-to guy for this sort of thing. I assume he's always busy. I spoke to David at Gun Works in Oregon today and they are 13 months out in their barrel shop.

Are there any other folks to be recommended for reboring/reaming barrels for this kind of modification?

You have to call Mr Hoyt early in the day (try 8am) to get him to answer. He tends not to pay attention to the phone when he has machines running. And as hunting season approaches, everyone doing this kind of work gets busy, in addition to some taking time to go hunting themselves.

I spoke to Mr. Hoyt this morning. He's got a couple hundred barrels in his shop so he's not really taking new work. I left him my name and number.

Back