• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Rifle: Which one?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t buy a pedersoli PA or Kentucky or Frontier Rifle personally..... that Frontier Rifle as popular as it is, isn’t a very high quality rifle.

If you want a good pedersoli flintlock rifle, the Mortimer is very good and very nice, as is their hunter jaeger rifle, both have somewhat larger locks and both handle well. At the range they get no complaints.

Otherwise, I only use customized rifles by Jim Chambers or TOW. I live close enough to Dixons in PA where I can grab a nice one.

Well, at 3-6 times the price, they damn sure better be.
Not everyone here is an elitist with an unlimited budget.
Not everyone here has a dedicated gun building shop with tens of thousands of dollars in machine shop equipment.
(Or a 4,000 psi air compressor.)

Well, at 3-6 times the price, they damn sure better be.
Not everyone here is an elitist with an unlimited budget.
Not everyone here has a dedicated gun building shop with tens of thousands of dollars in machine shop equipment.
(Or a 4,000 psi air compressor.)

Lol well the elitist in myself spends not much more for a used contemporary rifle then that of a Pedersoli 1,000 - 1,200 factory gun. That is since you know how much I spend on my firearms.

What's your budget? I just picked this up, unfired off GB for $750 - there are good deals out there if you're patient. But of the two you mention I'd strongly recommend the Frontier in .54. (not the Blue Ridge-buy a Frontier, not Cabela's model). If you decide to change guns someday there seems to always be a market for the Frontier .54.

View attachment 20722

I usually buy kits and work on them for 3-4 months slowly , but I don’t spend more than 700-1,000 on a used rifle if I see one that I like.

My 26 year old Blue Ridge has never failed to put meat on the table for my family or ribbons on the wall. She is beautiful in a plain but elegant way. I broke part of the mainspring this year and yet SHE STILL CONTINUED TO FIRE.
For those who have always dreamt of owning a long rifle, I can definitely recommend these rifles.
She has dispatched countless custom guns who have challenged her, yet she doesn't brag.

Latest posts

Back