• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Percussion Longrifle Drum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been addressed.

I have a .45 caliber Pedersoli percussion Kentucky rifle. I am wanting to convert it to flintlock.

My question is: Can the the drum be removed or is it integral to the barrel?

Some of the schematics I have found appears to show it as integral. However, that seems illogical unless Pedersoli simply wants to make money selling entire barrel assemblies for builders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pedersoli rifle I owned was interchangeable between percussion and flint. The drum screwed out.

I have a Pedersoli Scout in 32 caliber, and I have both the flint and percussion lock for it. Changeover takes but a few minutes, and I have had no issues shooting either configuration.
1654371049724.jpeg

The issue I am having on my Kentucky Rifle is the drum. It almost appears to be integrally cast as part of the barrel. But, it seems that would be counterproductive unless Pedersoli simply wanted the Kentucky Rifle owners to need to purchase a new barrel. There is no exterior screw holding the drum in place. I notice CVA and Traditions use that method in addition to threading the drum in. I will post a picture later today.

The issue I am having on my Kentucky Rifle is the drum. It almost appears to be integrally cast as part of the barrel. But, it seems that would be counterproductive unless Pedersoli simply wanted the Kentucky Rifle owners to need to purchase a new barrel. There is no exterior screw holding the drum in place. I notice CVA and Traditions use that method in addition to threading the drum in. I will post a picture later today.
If the drum with wrench flats has you stumped, suggest you take it to a gunsmith.
1717612191055.jpeg

Latest posts

Back