• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Mortimer Whitworth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chasseur d'ours

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Following up my post on the Pedersoli Gibbs.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pedersoli Mortimer Whitwoth rifle?

Thanks!

In the 2005 issue of the Dixie Gunworks catalog on page 59 they offer a PEDERSOLI MORTIMER WHITWORTH RIFLE for $890.
It is a .451 caliber Percussion rifle but the ad says "...does not use hexagonal bullets.". Instead, it uses "50 gr. FFFg, .451 conical- .451 bullet sizing die included..." so I don't know if I would call it a Whitworth or not. :hmm:
zonie :)

The Mortimer I've seen is an example of an English sporting rifle. A flintlock in .54 twisted for roundballs. If there's something new I haven't seen one. I'll try their web site. :hmm:

The Pedersoli Mortimer Whitworth is a target rifle designed for short range (100m) target shooting. Don't be confused by the 'Whitworth' tag; this is just a marketing name and is not suggesting that it has an hexagonally bored Whitworth barrel. 'Whitworth' in this case is the name of the MLAIC match this rifle is suitable for. All the MLAIC international competitions have names and Whitworth is the 100m prone free rifle match (13 shots in 30 minutes, best 10 to count).

David

I have one and I really like it. I shoot it up to 100m. I shoot a 500gr .449 bullet cast from a Mike Neumann custom mold. I just recently ordered a 370gr mold from Mike Neumann as well. Shot it in the 1-21" twist and it shoots well. The sight does not adjust as good as the Gibbs or Tryon Match but I have been playing with the loads and it seems to work so I don't have to adjust too much. 45gr FFFg Swiss is spot on at 50y, 55gr FFFg is close to the centre for 75y and about 66gr for the 100 yard target on the 500gr bullet.

I contacted Pederoli recently to ask them if it was possible to fit a Mortimer 12Ga shotgun barrel and a flintlock to the stock and they said yes. Now I like the gun even more. I will order a extra flintlock and shotgun barrel soon. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I can't add any more - I don't own one nor do I have any experience with them.

Regards,

David

Back