• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kodiak .72 question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cowpoke1955 said:
Christiaan,
Don't do it! Kirrmeister is already a proven killer with a .50 cal.!!! What in the world is he going to shoot with a .72 cal.? The moon? :rotf: Dirk, I'm keeping my head down :v

Don't worry Terry,

when a Kodiak then only in .50 or .54, no portable anti tank rifle. :haha:

Thank you guys for all the kind words and good wishes. I did not know you knew about my birthday. I appreciate it.

Here is the pics of the .72 770gr custom conical. It is a hollow base with 4 bands. The bottom two bands are just touching the lands. The third band is groove diameter and the lop band is .001 oversize for a tight fit to prevent the bullet from moving under recoil. For comparison I included the .715 RB .45 custom conical and the .32 and .36 flat base conical we also developed for the South African market.
IMG_0062.jpg

Here is the conicals to show the fit in the barrels.
IMG_0063.jpg

Though I initiated and developed the .72, .32 and .36 conicals the designer was Sean Murphy.

Kirrmeister said:
What are the prices for the Kodiak in SA? As I can see in the USA they are pretty priceworth, about $900,-/€ 650,-. In GE we pay about € 900-1000,-.
Because of high shipping costs and very high import duties in our country the Kodiaks (all imported guns) are very expensive in SA. Around R13 500 (1350, euro or $1920,) :confused:

Thanks Rebel, ...My boys saw your Posts and shouted Yooouuhhh,..over 7000 posts :shocked2: They are impressed!

happy birthday tooo yooouuu, happy birthday dear christiaaaan, happy birthday toooo yoooouuuu..

from s ca USofA

..ttfn..grampa..

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM WEST VIRGINIA ***
I think I'll drink a jug 'o shine in yer honor!
I'd send you a dram or two...but shipping would be too costly!

Recently at a that shoot that we had in Colesberg, there was a father and son combination each shooting a Kodiak in .72, and if memory serves me the one had the African Sideplates.

Anyway, both were shooting the conicals develop by Sean. And they were hitting the plates at 100m, time and again. That was right out the shoulder, no rests. They hunt with them regularly, and cannot fault the performance, or the accuracy.

They were using a charge of 110gr FFg. Wano.

Thank you xxgrampa and Scalper.

Scalper, I'm still too young to drink moon shine. So ya can drink mine as well, in my honor :rotf: I appreciate the offer though. :)

Just received the first sample of the new sight Pedersoli made for the Kodiak. :shocked2: It is not what we had in mind at all. :shake: :shake:
I'll post a photo but we will just have to make our own.

Christiann:
Those are very good looking conicals, and your design seems very sound. When I had a .72 Kodiak, I used the NEI 835-grain Fosbury-style conical with good results, although I never got to use it on game.

Nice looking slugs, from the description seems a cross between the Mini and Lee REAL with the oversize top band. Bet you could sell the molds here in the US.

Here is the African Sideplates Pedersoli made for the Kodiak to make the gun a true African Express Safari Rifle.
Afrsidep.jpg

There are two things I do not like about the Kodiak. The one is the Cheekpiece. We had one changed and it lifts the gun into a new look. We changed it to a more Classical English shadow-line. The other is the modern looking rear sight. I'd prefer a english style express sight.
stockkodiak.jpg

Andrew Soutar, wanted a peep sight and we fitted a T/C peep sight. His eyes is not so good anymore and he wants to go and shoot a Buffalo. The eye piece can be screwed out and it works excellent as a ghost ring. But you have to fit a lower front insert if you fit the Peep sight.
TCsight.jpg

Back