Pedersoli Kentucky upgrade.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this pistol last month from DGW. I got the finished pistol due to the price. I didn't like the blued barrel so I stripped the finish and browned it yesterday. I wasn't to keen on the sights that it came with so after the browning process I replaced them with a set I got from TOW. Just as quick as the weather warms up a bit I'll be taking it to the range for a test drive.

Attachments

BigAl52

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in 54 caliber and had a trigger job and the rear sight square notched on it, The stock trigger isnt very good I dont think. It shoots alot better now but the front sight is terrible. I have one for mine waiting for me to install it from Track. The 54 has always shot low for me.

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!!! If I may ask what size flint does this take? I’m looking to buy one myself. Thanks!
a 5/8 or 1/2 inch will do. This pistol throws a crazy good spark even though I haven't fire it yet there is no doubt that it will go off.

kje54

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this pistol last month from DGW. I got the finished pistol due to the price. I didn't like the blued barrel so I stripped the finish and browned it yesterday. I wasn't to keen on the sights that it came with so after the browning process I replaced them with a set I got from TOW. Just as quick as the weather warms up a bit I'll be taking it to the range for a test drive.
Which rear sight is it? What part number?

UtahFlintlock

32 Cal
Reaction score
What did you use to stirp and brown?

The factory front sight on those look comically large. The new front sight looks much better.

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Front sight Tow FS-WFS-S , rear sight RS-AS-14. The front sight may have to be filed down some but I won't know until I shoot it. I used white vinegar to remove the bluing took about 45 minutes and it wiped right off.

kje54

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Front sight Tow FS-WFS-S , rear sight RS-AS-14. The front sight may have to be filed down some but I won't know until I shoot it. I used white vinegar to remove the bluing took about 45 minutes and it wiped right off.

RS-AS-14 dosn't come up with anything. Did you mean the RS-AM-14?

andy52

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
RS-AT-14 they even recommend it for Kentucky pistols sorry about the mix-up.