• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Harper's Ferry pistol rear sight?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Pedersoli Harper's Ferry flintlock replica pistol. None of the pics or specs of any retailers or Pedersoli show or mention a rear sight. Does this pistol simply not have a rear sight? Thanks ...

Actually got an answer, sort of anyway, watching a hickock45 video, where I got a clear glimpse of the top of the pistol's barrel, and yes indeedy, this pistol has no rear sight.

Which brings up another question: what does a shooter use as a sight picture for a pistol with no rear sight?

I think you can get reasonable accuracy by just lining up the front sight at short distances, like 25 yards or less. According to the Pedersoli site, it has a rifled barrel, not just smooth bored.
58 caliber in a hand gun - hang on tight!

I went ahead and bought a kit gun offered "buy now" on Gunbroker as "new old stock" at a pretty decent discount to current new MSRP. However, by the time GB socks you with mandatory shipping insurance and fees assessed to buyers, and the seller gets their credit card surcharge, it's not that great of a deal any more. GB just ain't what it used to be back in the good ole days of "caveat emptor". Anyhoo, it should be great fun learning how to shoot a pistol without a rear sight. ;)

I went ahead and bought a kit gun offered "buy now" on Gunbroker as "new old stock" at a pretty decent discount to current new MSRP. However, by the time GB socks you with mandatory shipping insurance and fees assessed to buyers, and the seller gets their credit card surcharge, it's not that great of a deal any more. GB just ain't what it used to be back in the good ole days of "caveat emptor". Anyhoo, it should be great fun learning how to shoot a pistol without a rear sight. ;)

I’ve owned these in the past, not a fan, the lock is very fussy,

Pedersoli’s best flintlock pistol in my opinion is its .45 Kentucky navy Moll pistol.

It’s really hard to beat a custom made pistol, the best large caliber pistol in my opinion is a .58 smoothbore. Or .62.

You're probably right. This one fit two of my collector niches, which were my main motivators (other than it's just so damn pretty): 1) flintlock pistol, and 2) US military service sidearm. I already have a percussion Kentucky.

Latest posts

Back