• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky mainspring and frizzen spring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwerleater

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know where I can obtain either a mainspring and/ or frizzen spring for a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle? I checked with VTI and it’s over and both would be very expensive. Any other sources? Anyone have experience with substituting a more available American made spring?
Thanks,
Skwerl

Hello all,
Does anyone know where I can obtain either a mainspring and/ or frizzen spring for a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle? I checked with VTI and it’s over and both would be very expensive. Any other sources? Anyone have experience with substituting a more available American made spring?
Thanks,
Skwerl
If you get Pedersoli parts it’s gonna be expensive regardless of where you get them. Call Flintlocks Etc. He will have the parts but they are around the same price as vti. You can try a frizzen and spring that arent Pedersoli factory parts but they will require fitting. Last year I paid almost $80 for a main spring for a Pedersoli Mortimer lock.

Hello all,
Thanks,
Skwerl
I am curious about why you need new springs. Are these springs broken or lost? My experience with this lock is that the springs are VERY stiff and need some work to lighten them up a bit. Additionally, unless Pedersoli has changed the lock, the geometry of the cock is wrong and it eats up flints because the flint strikes the frizzen straight on. Give us a little information so we can help with whatever issues you are having.

Lee Shaver does the warranty work for Pedersoli or try Taylor's Fine Guns.

Snapped the frizzen spring on my Pedersoli Kentucky and had the same issues you are having. Ended up making one out of an old circular saw blade.

Thank you everyone for replying. The
Kentucky I have is an old Navy Arms that is about 30 yrs old. Had it from new. I had trouble with it when it was brand new. The frizzen snapped off at the frizzen screw, then the main spring snapped while shooting. I bought a new frizzen and main spring from navy arms and the frizzen has been fine. The replacement mainspring was soft from when I got it and the frizzen spring is not that springs anymore. I haven’t used it much in years but of late I am nostalgic for this little rifle and would like to put it back in top shape. It has accounted for many deer and squirrels in years past and still has a good bore and looks great. I will have a look at Dixie Gun works for some springs that may work . You guys are right, the Pedersoli replacements with be about 100 bucks for both.

Thank you everyone for replying. The
Kentucky I have is an old Navy Arms that is about 30 yrs old. Had it from new. I had trouble with it when it was brand new. The frizzen snapped off at the frizzen screw, then the main spring snapped while shooting. I bought a new frizzen and main spring from navy arms and the frizzen has been fine. The replacement mainspring was soft from when I got it and the frizzen spring is not that springs anymore. I haven’t used it much in years but of late I am nostalgic for this little rifle and would like to put it back in top shape. It has accounted for many deer and squirrels in years past and still has a good bore and looks great. I will have a look at Dixie Gun works for some springs that may work . You guys are right, the Pedersoli replacements with be about 100 bucks for both.
Another option is contacting Paul Ackerman here at this site. His number is on the website. I had him fix a lock for me a year or so ago. Top notch fella to deal with and it was less than $50. He has lots of parts to fix anything. Send him your lock and get it back good as new.
https://www.ackermannarms.com/

Hey thanks. I totally forgot about Paul. He helped me with some parts in the past. Great guy to deal with. I will check with him first.

Latest posts

Back