• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli frizzen spring screw needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have exhausted my googlefu in the search for a replacment screw.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Dang, might just have to get that mini lathe so I can make one :)

Screw part number for ref. m70tfm5658

Pic just cuz

Attachments

• 20231112_172040.jpg
    20231112_172040.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 5
I have been told Lee Shavers does Pedersoli warranty work. You may want to contact him.
https://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.com/Another option may be to look at your problem a bit differently. Appears you have concluded that the factory supplied screw is too short. Maybe the spring is too wide? You may want to consider thinning up the width of the spring where the screw passes through.

Nope to DGW

I checked the usual suspects before posting.

Well there is no hurry to replace it now, I have lost, well misplaced, the lock screw in the shop somewhere.

Dang, thanks Johnny.

Went back to dixie and instead of being all smart and searching with a part # and word search with no result, just searched "screw"

Well up poped a bunch, I'm sure I can find a replacmentđź‘Ť

If you can identify the thread size, you might be able to find a suitable replacement at www.mcmaster.com.

Even if you cannot get the exact head shape you desire, you can probably find one close, chuck it up in a drill press, and use a file to shape it to the desired shape.

Or, a local machinist can fabricate you one.

The lathe idea sounds fun - I have always wanted to learn machining myself.

Dang, thanks Johnny.

Went back to dixie and instead of being all smart and searching with a part # and word search with no result, just searched "screw"

Well up poped a bunch, I'm sure I can find a replacmentđź‘Ť
I have had great results with DGW by calling them on the phone. They have come up with parts that are not listed on the web site.

If you can identify the thread size, you might be able to find a suitable replacement at www.mcmaster.com.

Even if you cannot get the exact head shape you desire, you can probably find one close, chuck it up in a drill press, and use a file to shape it to the desired shape.

Or, a local machinist can fabricate you one.

The lathe idea sounds fun - I have always wanted to learn machining myself.
A simple drill and file works also. Allen head screwa can be found that have an unthreaded portion.

Got her fixed up! Reprofiled a proper sized screw, fire blued it, just cuz I like'em that way. IIt's back together and is functioning perfect.

Attachments

• 20231218_142823.jpg
    20231218_142823.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231218_144159.jpg
    20231218_144159.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231218_144204.jpg
    20231218_144204.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back