• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica River Half Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used one, but after firing a couple of rifles with the replacements I'm inspired to do so.

TC built their rifles with high combs to allow scope use. Trouble for me is, that high comb knocks the holy snot out of my prominent cheek bone with heavy loads. More drop, as with a Lyman GPR for example, and I'm fine. The Pecatonica falls more in line with the drop of the Lyman.

That can be a good thing or a bad thing for you, depending on how you shoot. MY principal hunting pard HATES the Lyman because it doesn't support his particular head for stability in aiming. Just too low for him, while he loves the TC.

I've used two and I think they are much improved over the T/C stock, looks nice and the sight picture is faster when shouldering. :thumbsup:

Mine is a huge improvement over my Renegade stock. I went ahead and replaced the barrel with a GM 62 calibre smooth bore while I was at it.

mahd776 said:
Has anyone used the half stock from Pecatonica River that is a replacement for the Thompson Center Hawken or Renegade stock? If so what were your thoughts on it good or bad?
The Pecatonica Hawken replacement solved multiple issues for me. I can shoot with more erect shooting posture (neck injuries). No longer slaps cheek from bench. Easier on shoulder with full loads (added a little length). New life for an old rifle/shooter!

I restocked a TC Hawken with the Pecatonica River stock and I really like the change.

Putting it in numbers, the drop on a factory TC Hawken stock comb is about 1 5/16"

The drop on a Pecatonica River Hawken stock is 3 inches.

That basically locates the barrel over 1 1/2" higher, relatively to my shoulder when I raise the gun.

Because the barrel is higher I don't have to scrunch my head down to line up with the sights.

Latest posts

Back