• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm trying my best to find a fowler to build. The better kits are a little salty for me. I've been getting kits fir rifles from Pecatonica. The pics on their site does not show different views and keeps me from deciding. Could you guys with a Pecatonica fowler show a veiw from butt plate and over top of stock and L& R sides. Butt plate pic would be nice. I know I'm asking alot. Pm or post here. Thanks

The sight isn't the greatest , thats for sure . look up the type of firearm you want and at the bottom of the page will show you the parts and price of them and total , then you have to look up the stock , wood type and grade ....then you add that to the parts price .

I'm trying my best to find a fowler to build. The better kits are a little salty for me. I've been getting kits fir rifles from Pecatonica. The pics on their site does not show different views and keeps me from deciding. Could you guys with a Pecatonica fowler show a veiw from butt plate and over top of stock and L& R sides. Butt plate pic would be nice. I know I'm asking alot. Pm or post here. Thanks
@rick1964 has a fully built and tuned Pecatonica Trade Gun for a good price that may be still available. I almost bought it myself, if I didn't already buy another.

The sight isn't the greatest , thats for sure . look up the type of firearm you want and at the bottom of the page will show you the parts and price of them and total , then you have to look up the stock , wood type and grade ....then you add that to the parts price .
I figured it out. The first few I looked at when I asked that didn't have parts lists. That's really not bad for pricing. Would be curious as to how much finish work is required on the stock. Detailed inletting is not one of my better skills.

I figured it out. The first few I looked at when I asked that didn't have parts lists. That's really not bad for pricing. Would be curious as to how much finish work is required on the stock. Detailed inletting is not one of my better skills.
Glad you figured it out . I couldn't explain it on here , just have to mess with it a bit . Their prices are pretty reasonable and nice folks to talk to on the phone , very helpful the times I've called . Unfortunately they do not have good pics of all their products so kinda look around at say , other folks pics or even google image search . The gun I was interested in , lordy ! Their picture of it is ugly ! Then I saw a current build or two and then google searched it ...MAN ! The lines were perfect ! A great gun ! Couldn't believe it ...I dont know if they are all like that just kinda feel them out . When doing their or any other kit try and concentrate on that barrel ...biggest , most important thing to get that barrel set back flush flat , at the breech , against that wood . Do this while watching you touch hole position in relation to your pan on the lock . All corners nice and straight , true , and neatly inlet . The first and most important job on the gun/ rifle . Good luck

If you are looking at the Pecatonica website be aware that the pricing is grossly outdated. It has been quite a while since they updated it.

If you are looking at the Pecatonica website be aware that the pricing is grossly outdated. It has been quite a while since they updated it.
I built a pecatonica kit in 2001. I swear their webpage is exactly the same now as it was in 2001. Same pics and pretty much the same prices. They definitely need to update their site.

I agree on pecatonica web site. But they are not alone. Other than kiblers site they are all out dated info. So I found best to make a call to anybody fir any thing now days. And don’t assume the price of what you bought last month is even the same next.

I agree on pecatonica web site. But they are not alone. Other than kiblers site they are all out dated info. So I found best to make a call to anybody fir any thing now days. And don’t assume the price of what you bought last month is even the same next.
I have done several orders over the past year from Track of the Wolf and Muzzleloader Builders Supply. Both of their web sites seem to be up to date on pricing and what is available.

How much does one of the Pecatonia kit's cost? Tried looking but their site stinks.

Pecatonica's webmaster quit and they haven't been able to update. You can call or email for correct pricing.

I ordered the Tennessee Mtn back in Dec and for a rough guesstimate add about 20%.

There shipping was exceptionally low.

Back