• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal users beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I suggested a while back on another forum, for which I was immediately banned, crypto has been around long enough for it to be employed by many here expressing their disappointment over something that's not even true. We knew PayPal was sketch years ago, so can we please move on now? If you have a solid method of transferring value, good on you. Personally I'm still comfortable using PayPal, for the time being, because it's easy and I've never had a problem conducting my business whether it aligns with their policies or not (just like USPS), and because I'm not dumb enough to let it work against me. Before that changes there are plenty other methodologies out there to learn about and start using.

I just had a major problem with what may be my last ebay/Paypal purchase ever. In short the wrong item was sent and the shipper has gone the "crickets" route despite multiple request to return item. They have either taken down all their offerings or now show "out of stock: on everything else. Spoke to CC company just now and they said they are being swamped with similar disputes involving Ebay and PP. I asked why a seller with 100% feedback and thousands of sales to date would do this. They suggested its a side effect of PP stupidity. They assured me i would get my $ back either from seller or PP. I offer this as a heads up to all.

Old post new reply,
They still trying to get $2225.94 from me. They ain’t gonna get it. Done got took for $274.06 . They did this to most sellers on ebay that sold firearms related items. Ebay had to go another route to pay sellers.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1637892558541.jpeg
    FB_IMG_1637892558541.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3607.png
    IMG_3607.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 0
And the only thing with ApplePay and CashApp is you’re not protected. Unless you have a credit card connected to them, for a fee of course. But money orders you’re not protected either. And if it gets lost or stolen, you need to prove it. It’s a hassle but you can get reimbursed for a $6.95 fee. Done that within a 6 month period. Two times. I sent the sellers a check and everything turned out good.

Square cancelled my credit card reader account with no explanation. I called customer service and they said I was no longer a customer since they cancelled my account 5 minutes ago. They refused to tell me why or let me talk to a supervisor. The name on the account was AZ Muzzleloaders. Just be forewarned.

I was thinking as a warning to fake businesses or individual scammers using the PayPal system to burn purchasers. At one time, fake businesses could provide a USPS tracking number to PayPal and send a rip-off kid's toy instead of your merchandise. PayPal wouldn't do anything, because a "package" would be shown as delivered. What's point of going through PayPal, if fake sellers were going that system to burn customers.
Had it happen to me .... Sent all the documentation of what I bought and the toy package I actually received. PayPal credit card service sided with the foreign crooks... They got their share ..cooks got the money and I got nailed .... use a legitimate credit card. WZ

One wonders how much $ passes thru PP using PP FF? Bet its billions and they like it!
I paid for a non firearm related item through my granddaughters PayPal and they charged fees to both parties. F&F , go figure. My sons wife sent him 20 bucks one time and they both were charged a fee. So they went to CashApp or ApplePay

I paid for a non firearm related item through my granddaughters PayPal and they charged fees to both parties. F&F , go figure. My sons wife sent him 20 bucks one time and they both were charged a fee. So they went to CashApp or ApplePay
IF pp starts charging fees for FF they would be stupid. FF is so popular many net auctions specifically ban its use (which speaks volumes). FWIW i had a major bank employee praise Zelle as saving them millions not having to reimburse ripped off users.

This is important to users of this forum:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

A new policy update from PayPal will permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing” with fines of up to $2,500 per offense.
The financial services company, which has repeatedly deplatformed organizations and individual commentators for their political views, will expand its “existing list of prohibited activities” on November 3. Among the changes are prohibitions on “the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials” that “promote misinformation” or “present a risk to user safety or wellbeing.” Users are also barred from “the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory
wow, they’re against misinformation and hate speech!!! Those wretched bastards…
Their site, their rules Maybe someone should start their own Konsumer Kash Konnection would that be better? They get to do business how they please, it is, after all, America.

Seems like the good old fashioned option of sending a check or Money Order is the way to go. We as a culture are getting more and more accustomed to ( and expecting of) instant results and gratification.
I remember when I was a boy and sent away for something from a catalogue. Going to the mailbox every day looking and hoping and disappointed when it had not yet arrived. But there was always that happy feeling that maybe tomorrow it will be here and I smiled again. Simple times, simple joys.
Like christmas in july

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back