• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal users beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's well and fine but only because they are against the second amendment to the point of negative actions including cancelling accounts and (?) apparently stealing payments for trying to get around there rules......I have not and never will use Pay-pal. No issues with eBay. Have bought off them several times. Though my not doing business with them does not have any measurable effect it's part of my personal who I am and makes me feel better. I like feeling better.

Question is what misinformation? The information that the democrats keep falsely spreading or those of us on the other side of the fence that has witnessed stuff they have done hurt the people?

After two apparently valid but unauthorized charges of $699.99 to my PayPal account I closed my account.
I am now hearing that Venmo has begun charging a percentage (6%?), so I have been directing payments toward Zelle.
My Bank just started using Zelle. I think it will be the way to go in the near future. It seems more reputable institutions are starting to use it.

I stopped selling on E Bay because of the s=constant control and demands they wanted for information. I would not give them a credit card, so they could charge my account anytime they felt like it. I went through several bad transactions where people just lied about not recieving an item and E Bay returned their money charging me! Done. No more.

All this PP Stuff sounds a bit like Utility Co's Debiting my B.Acc. with what they think they would like
from my DDA. Monthly ACC's by Bank Standing Orders for Me.. OR Bank Transfers for One Offs. Can't remember the last time I wrote a CHEQUE.. O.D.

PP is now reportedly independent but owns like 10+ other payment services like venmo. In Jan 2023 PP, Banks and many if not all other financial services may be required to report sales of over $600 to IRS for taxation. This may be the final straw for many sellers using them and any other trackable means of previously untaxed income. Those already aware have either switched to currently non trackable methods or suspended selling altogether. The consequences may be too severe to think about. The value of everything will change.

Is pay pal now monitoring all social media sites and everyone on them? Who gave them access to the algorithms? And how are they going to fine anyone they have neither the the state granted authority to impose fines nor the ability to collect.
Actually I don't care. Careless communications that smack of big brother, censorship and threats based on bottlenecked viewpoints....I'm out.

Moments after you PayPal me I transfer it to my bank. I never leave it in theirs. I only ship after I have control over it.
Also, PayPal only links to my checking. I further my game with transfers to a savings account they have no link to.
This is the safe way to use PayPal. Dump your money out of PayPal ASAP, to one bank account, and then dump it from that one into another one not linked to PayPal.

Very simple. Investigate to learn the truth. Very many people; politicians, celebrities, "journalists", advocates of all stripes spread misinformation (b.s and outright lies) all the time. It is up to us to decide what is true and what is not.

The very last thing we should ever want is to trust anyone to decide the truth for us. THAT is CENSORSHIP and when that happens, we are no longer free.

I’m also at a loss as to why PayPal thinks it needs to define or punish “misinformation.” If they are defining what’s false, they’re presumably trying to tell me what’s true too. I’m OK (at least I was) with using PayPal to buy a Gransfors axe from overseas, but I don’t need them defining “the truth” for me. I’m probably done with them too.

In this day and age, "misinformation" is whatever you disagree with. It's a bit frightening to see government and/or big business trying to define and limit what information we can access or share.

This is the safe way to use PayPal. Dump your money out of PayPal ASAP, to one bank account, and then dump it from that one into another one not linked to PayPal.
Yes except if the $ are from something you sold PP can charge back the funds from whatever CC or Bank you transferred it to. If the buyer used a CC to pay PP and filed a dispute its even worse. Never totally safe with these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back