• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PayPal users beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I ever do is pay for stuff. Where do people get to voice their opinions? Is there another site run by Paypal? Because. I use Eno I can turn PayPal on and off.
Paypal has access to your debit cards ect.,etc. you purchase receipts, and collect all the data you can imagine. Besides they will almost never reverse a transaction when you ask. Paypal is not safe to use, I know O cancelled my account a couple of years ago. Talk to your bank contact person.

Paypal cannot fine anyone for anything. Like any bank or credit service, if your payment is overdue, or overdrawn, they charge an late fee. Now with Paypals Woke agenda, you cannot buy or sell any gun related products, that includes Ml's, ammo, powder, raffles for any gun related products, gun parts. If you disobey these rules they can cancel your account. Tyranny at it's best! Ask me how I know?

From another site:
15JnYsYbea.png

MEGA HAPPENING!!!! PayPal no longer allows account cancellation. PayPal can and will make deductions from the associated accounts, as stipulated under the Digital Security Act (2021). All communications should be addressed via consumerfinance netsec ombudsman. (media.pa

Companies do not have the legislative authority to deprive you of life, liberty or property.

They cant fine you, plain and simple
Dan
You are missing both the Elephant and the Gorilla in the room. Simply put, THEY CAN. Why? because if you use paypal (or any other online buying, paying, money service) You give them that right. You have willingly volunteered for it and you have no legal recourse except to vote with you feet.

Do you recall that pop up box with a bunch of words in it called "Terms of Service" or something similar that no one bothers to read, yes present company included, it is in there. Those are legal terms of a binding contract and by clicking the "accept" box or how ever it is expressed you are agreeing to every term in that big box of toxic waste. including fines. including having your account froze and assets seized (money in your account for paypal) to cover outstanding issues.

One of the many reasons in this world that I am,
Mad Michael.

I do not like USPS Money Orders. I had a USPS money order go missing one time. The USPS had 6-9 months to review, investigate , refund etc. 6-9 months!! Next time you buy one, ask then what happens if it goes missing or is stolen etc. ! Yu will not like the answer, i guarantee it! I always ask the person selling if I can use a check. I do not care that it takes a week or two to clear, I am not going any where. I have control over cancelling it or replacing it, stopping it. It is a much safer way to purchase than using MO's in my opinion. If sellers do not want you to use one, they are NOT thinking straight. They are as safe as anything. DO not ship until check has cleared. problem solved! IMHO

I had some problems canceling mine, but I was able to. You just have to navigate the paypal minefield. Make sure you don't have any recurring subscriptions on file with paypal and if you have any money in your paypal account. If you do, cancel those subscriptions through your paypal account and you can temporarily link your bank account to it and transfer the money, then go back and delete/remove the bank account information and close the paypal account. A PITA, but it can be done and don't forget to give them the reason you closed your account when prompted.

I'm terrible with knowing things financial, never ****** money away but never really watched it like I should have. What I did do about 15 years ago was set up another savings account linked to my regular savings and checking. I did it then because I had to get a wire transfer from Sweden for a car I built. Being paranoid as I never did a wire transfer I set up that account for the 24K I got for the sale. That is the account that I gave PP and ebay has also, when money would come in it would get moved into my other account that day. An antique I purchased recently I sent a bank check, they cost me nothing and the bank is closer than the PO.

So what are you going to do if someone spreads misinformation then?

So what are you going to do if someone spreads misinformation then?
Very simple. Investigate to learn the truth. Very many people; politicians, celebrities, "journalists", advocates of all stripes spread misinformation (b.s and outright lies) all the time. It is up to us to decide what is true and what is not.

The very last thing we should ever want is to trust anyone to decide the truth for us. THAT is CENSORSHIP and when that happens, we are no longer free.

Neither Pay Pal, or E-bay,, combined,
,have ever given me any harm.
I have used them here, and in many other circumstances in my life that support's current my life style.
There isn't a problem,,
,that exists with either, that isn't evident in all transactions.(period)
It's the 21st century,,
It's all "logged" by someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back