• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Parker Hale Whitworth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figure it’s worth a try. I’m in search of an unfired 1st generation Parker Hale Whitworth rifle. I know they command a premium. Please pm me if you have one you’d consider parting with. Scammers, don’t bother, you’ll be wasting your time. Thank you! Samuel Cormier

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one for sale that was unfired. There is a beautiful lightly used one listed on GB right now. If I had the money I’d be a buyer.

While I do not claim to be an expert, I have owned both original British made Whitworths, and Euroams Whitworths. I have noticed that there are a few Whitworths that claim to be of Parker Hale British manufacture that are actually Italian assembled. My understanding is that when Parker Hale went out of business, Euroarms bought up much of the parts and the right to use the Parker Hale name. So you see sometimes a Whitworth with a Parker Hale stamped barrel, or a Parker Hale stamped stock, but Italian proof marks, and Italian made locks. Just because it says Parker Hale on the barrel, does not necessarily mean it is Parker Hale British made. The Euroarms Whitworths can sometimes also be identified with a poorer fit and finish as well. Does not necessarily mean they don't shoot well, but.....FWIW.

While I do not claim to be an expert, I have owned both original British made Whitworths, and Euroams Whitworths. I have noticed that there are a few Whitworths that claim to be of Parker Hale British manufacture that are actually Italian assembled. My understanding is that when Parker Hale went out of business, Euroarms bought up much of the parts and the right to use the Parker Hale name. So you see sometimes a Whitworth with a Parker Hale stamped barrel, or a Parker Hale stamped stock, but Italian proof marks, and Italian made locks. Just because it says Parker Hale on the barrel, does not necessarily mean it is Parker Hale British made. The Euroarms Whitworths can sometimes also be identified with a poorer fit and finish as well. Does not necessarily mean they don't shoot well, but.....FWIW.

The Parker Hale name was bought by Navy Arms some years ago and they had Pedersoli make Whitworth rifles with the Parker Hale name stamped on the butt and on the lock plate. These rifles have nothing to do with Parker Hale other than in decoration. Parker Hale parts were used mish mosh by Euroarms also, but the rifles are of inferior quality imo. So just because one finds the Parker Hale name on a Whitworth, it’s not necessarily a British made PH.

Latest posts

Back