• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA muzzleloader doe season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s been a great season so far. Opening morning rained in zone 1b, but cleared up in the afternoon. Around 5:00 this doe and a 8 point fed out in front of me. I had a nice broadside shot at 35 yards. I’m shooting a 62 caliber Hawken, with 110 grains of 11/2 F Swiss and a .610 ball, 018 pillow ticking lubed with Frontiers patch lube.
Tagging out opening morning has left time for squirrel hunting, tonight’s supper.

Attachments

• 3ACB359B-BFB9-4041-B2EE-C30D3163B9EF.jpeg
    3ACB359B-BFB9-4041-B2EE-C30D3163B9EF.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DED649BE-9E26-4A33-BB6D-D197DBCEE99F.jpeg
    DED649BE-9E26-4A33-BB6D-D197DBCEE99F.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 9610BBE8-9E2B-44E7-8C50-B03DD43B97C0.jpeg
    9610BBE8-9E2B-44E7-8C50-B03DD43B97C0.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 132
Awesome job. Those 62s sure out a hole in em dont they...I took off work tomorrow and Friday. Hunting 3 days in a row, can't wait.

Awesome pics man! I killed a black squirrel once. Where i used to live, about 5% of the gray squirrels were black as a car tire. For some reason, that color makes them particularly tough to kill. I had to try for quite a while to get one, and I dont think it was because of their lower numbers, they pull some pretty good tricks. I think its because the only black ones that survive tend to be smart ones. They stand out to predators in the beech woods, and get targeted really hard, so they either get smarter, or die.

Awesome pics man! I killed a black squirrel once. Where i used to live, about 5% of the gray squirrels were black as a car tire. For some reason, that color makes them particularly tough to kill. I had to try for quite a while to get one, and I dont think it was because of their lower numbers, they pull some pretty good tricks. I think its because the only black ones that survive tend to be smart ones. They stand out to predators in the beech woods, and get targeted really hard, so they either get smarter, or die.
This was my first one, and he was a big boy.

Congratulations on your hunt. Nothing for me yet. I would love to get a black squirrel. It would go to the taxidermist.

nice that you get Muzzloader season before Regular Rifle Pistol Shotgun season. You get a better chance of actually getting a deer. Muzloaders ten to misfire, Snow, Rain Gets the powder wet. and you only have One shot. Not a Bunch of Buckshot or a Tube fed with 10 rounds in it. or semi auto AK 47 with 5 rounds ( Some states dont even have a limit, Which I understand if your wild Hog Hunting, where I want 30 round mags with .338 in it to stop the whole herd in their tracks if they are attacking) . I would still try a Muzzloader on Hogs as long as I had a .45acp on my belt and a couple extra mags just in case. Even Moose. If I even get anouther permit in my life Muzzloader with a large caliber Semi Auto or Revolver just in case. Thats Dangerous Game!

Back