• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa.Flinty only season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gun is a 50 caliber Investarms, Hawken style. Shoots great out to 100. I am looking for a shorter barrel length gun for my oldest boy who wants to join me! It's a tad on the heavy side for him.

The huge buck I was after since archery season turned up as a doe. 😕 Despite carefully looking at his head this morning as he walked by, to ensure it wasn’t a spike or a button buck, I thought it was a doe and shot just as he had cut my scent at 35 yards and froze. I’ll go look for his shed antlers after I’m done butchering him. Crazy weather has gone from pouring rain and horrible fog to now hot sunshine. I kept the flintlock under wraps and under my arm until I saw him, and only then brought the gun up. The air is so moist now that ignition could be a challenge. I’m feeling conflicted about this kill. On the one hand success is important. A lot of people are going to enjoy this animal. On the other hand, he’s a very old bruiser who I’d rather know was out there waiting for this fall. He had a huge rack.
Forget the deer, What a nice rifle and bag.

Was out several days over the last week and really can't believe I didn't get into deer. Saw a couple the other morning but was still too dark to shoot. Hunted hard today in a prime area I thought but just couldn't find em. Did find the old bones of a 19th century homestead in a hollow so took the opportunity for a photo.
James
Nice looking ML !!!

The huge buck I was after since archery season turned up as a doe. 😕 Despite carefully looking at his head this morning as he walked by, to ensure it wasn’t a spike or a button buck, I thought it was a doe and shot just as he had cut my scent at 35 yards and froze. I’ll go look for his shed antlers after I’m done butchering him. Crazy weather has gone from pouring rain and horrible fog to now hot sunshine. I kept the flintlock under wraps and under my arm until I saw him, and only then brought the gun up. The air is so moist now that ignition could be a challenge. I’m feeling conflicted about this kill. On the one hand success is important. A lot of people are going to enjoy this animal. On the other hand, he’s a very old bruiser who I’d rather know was out there waiting for this fall. He had a huge rack.
I understand completely!:(

Found a bunch of sign while still hunting after work Thursday night. I was able to sneak back in there for an evening sit last night. At 4:45 4 deer made there way to me through the thick brush; this big doe stopped in an opening at 67 paces. For the 2nd time this year, the 58cal round ball did a beautiful job. Man, I love Flintlock hunting!

Attachments

• 8068ABC6-7BD7-42AE-8D82-5F27B8B73555.jpeg
    8068ABC6-7BD7-42AE-8D82-5F27B8B73555.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Back