• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA flintlock season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the link to the PA Game Commission. Game Commission. You will need a non-resident general license and a muzzleloader tag. There is a good amount of public land in NE PA. Both state game lands and state forest. Here is a link to the state forests. Find a Forest.
I hope you have a good adventure!
Does anyone know if there is a deer season for Percussion rifles in PA? Thanks.

Because of the drizzling rain, I hunted my stand with a roof this afternoon, overlooking two fields. Saw several deer, but all over 100 yds. Just before 5:00 two popped out at 77 yds, (according to my range finder). Decided not to shoot. Feel certain I'll see something closer before the season is over. The inch of snow we had earlier today sure made them easier to see.

Was able to get out in the morning, then the afternoon yesterday. Didn't see a single deer both times out. Wish the snow would have hung around. I wanted to break out the snow camo. It was almost all gone by 1:00 pm.

I barely got to get in the woods for the Connecticut muzzleloader season.
Aside from guns and gear, what do I need and how do I get it, so I cab drive down to PA for a day and hunt during the late flintlock season?
Especially interested to hear from other
non PA residents who have done this.
I drive down from Maine for both

Well, my sinus infection ended and so did the NJ ML season. Only saw 4 doe on the last day all out of range, but not shooting them anyway because of the Blue Tongue issue here.

Thank you. To you as well. I'm also hoping later in the week.

Hoped we'd get a little snow so I could try out my new snow camo but we got none.

Back