• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally Connected with a Flintlock!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again everyone! She was big. Couple years old I figure. I’ve been hunting the PA flintlock season for quite a while and have missed four or five until this one. Inexperience and nerves got the best of me. I started with w a TC Firestorm I have since given to my nephew. And have been hunting a TVM Late Lancaster for the eight years or so with no luck, not blaming equipment though. My brother and I each ordered Kibler kits last spring and they were delivered late summer. His is a Woods Walker yet to be assembled though lol.

I took each step in the assembly very slow and was very deliberate in how I built the kit. It came out utterly flawless. Even the iron nitrate stock coloring went smooth. But the best part of all of it was lining up and letting that hammer go on this doe.

It was cold, windy and snowing all weekend and I had missed two deer the prior Saturday. PA doesn’t offer Sunday hunting in this season so the last day was Monday MLK day. My buddy and nephews did a small push to wrap up the season and all we had time for before heading home. I set up at the top of a small ridge they usually take when pushed. I heard a shot up in the woods so figured deer were coming. Sure enough, this one was walking straight at me with three others behind. She stopped about 50 yards and was looking behind, she stepped broadside and I shot. As the smoke cleared I watched her run with blood pouring out. And it appeared as if someone tossed a handful of deer hair up in the air and it was floating down. I watched her pile up about 60 yards away.

My observation has been that on all these deer kill photos shown from time to time there are way more doe killed than bucks!!
I don’t eat beef. Venison is my only source of red meat so I try to take a couple does each year between archery and the gun seasons. Don’t get me wrong. I do like a nice thick ribeye but I sous vide backstrap and sear, add in a blueberry reduction and it’s unreal good.

1000002930.jpg
You look so happy nice job excellent rifle and nice meat.

Latest posts

Back