• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD *Or trade* Lyman GPR .54 flint w/L&R

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam in WI

Flash in the pan
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a .54 Colonial on the way (it's finally ready!). So I've decided to try and move this along before I do anything too crazy with it. I had a notion to remove the chambered breech portion, set everything back the required amount and put a white lightning liner in it but the juice isn't worth the squeeze IMO. I did install an L&R rpl lock. My inletting job isn't the greatest, and I was disappointed that the L&R plate seems a bit undersized for the original inlet, but it's functional. The original will be included too once I track it down. It didn't spark well at all. I tried Track's hardening on it but it needs to be redone or frizzen replaced.

I also replaced the sights with what I thought were more period correct, but they're a bit short, and it still shoots a little low. The ones it came with weren't factory; they were some folding leaf rear and front bead arrangement. Someone had gooped a little epoxy on the front of the ramrod for retention I'd guess.

The barrel code is AT, so 1988 from what I read? The bore is in excellent condition.

I am asking $625 shipped for the rifle and both locks. I'd be interested in trading for or towards a .62 or larger smoothbore flint, like a fusil de chasse or military musket. I could add some money, but maybe not a lot.

Thanks for looking.

20240225_203810.jpg
20240225_203817.jpg
20240225_203824.jpg
20240225_203848.jpg
20240225_203853.jpg
20240225_203912.jpg
20240225_204036.jpg
20240225_204102.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.