• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Olde Eynsford

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the OE, but it also could be my new Great Plains Rifle too. It's sure not me, I'm not doing anything different as far as I can tell. This beats my best targets using my .50 T/C Renegade, and I've been shooting it for more than 30 years. I still haven't shot OE out of my Renegade, but plan to do that next week some time, just to see if the powder is making a difference in my targets.

Had the Olde Eynsford out to the range for the fourth time and I really like it. Not much cleaner than regular Goex that I can tell when swabbing between shots, but it is easier to clean at the end of the day. Also, noticeably less smoke, which ... I kind of like a lot of smoke, but I can live with it. I like the way it pours, seems to be a dryer powder than regular Goex and pours extremely well. It seems to be very consistent shot to shot, too. I'm sold on it in 2f, and will probably order a lb. or two of 3f next order just to see. I've always preferred 2f though. Anyway, my .50 GPR loves it. The jury is still out on my .50 Renegade. My new GPR is getting all the range time now ... love the way it feels and shoots.

SgtMaj said:
Had the Olde Eynsford out to the range for the fourth time and I really like it. Not much cleaner than regular Goex that I can tell when swabbing between shots, but it is easier to clean at the end of the day. Also, noticeably less smoke, which ... I kind of like a lot of smoke, but I can live with it. I like the way it pours, seems to be a dryer powder than regular Goex and pours extremely well. It seems to be very consistent shot to shot, too. I'm sold on it in 2f, and will probably order a lb. or two of 3f next order just to see. I've always preferred 2f though. Anyway, my .50 GPR loves it. The jury is still out on my .50 Renegade. My new GPR is getting all the range time now ... love the way it feels and shoots.

Did you reduce charges with the OE, or stay with what you used for Goex?

I reduced it from 60 grains Goex ff, which was my ideal target load for my .50 Renegade, to 50 grains of OE ff on my GPR. It was pretty hot when I shot it at 60 grains, noticeably hotter. Got really good results on targets at 50 grains too. I'm going to kick it up to 55 grains next time out just as a test. I'm still shooting mostly at 35 yards and want to go out to 50 now that it's getting warmer. Our cold and windy March and April were both hard to get consistent quality targets.

Back