• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Novelty gun Idea

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 stinky dogs

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I orderd a FAL parts kit and recieved it today.My work partner asked me in a Mr. smarty pants fashon "you gonna make that onto a muzzle loader too? "And instead of punching him in the chest as I normaley do I sed maby.I have been thinking about it and if it could be done it would definatly be unique .Have any of you seen anything like this ?and would it be hard to do ?

I have a Choate FN-FAL stock on my 11-87 (w/Hastings fully rifled barrel). The straight comb and pistol grip keep it very level for rapid fire & fast follow ups. Neither of which are any benefit to a single-shot muzzleloader. You'll need to mount the sights relatively high above the bore, making close range (< 100 yards) shooting more sensitive to elevation estimates.

You can use a pink plastic yard flamingo as the basis of a muzzleloader stock, but that wouldn't make much sense; other than to be different and to say you did it.

The FAL stock is one step better.

Use your FAL to shoot gophers and prairie dogs, build a match lock if you want something out of the ordinary. Besides, a .308 muzzle loader with a 1:26 twist isn't going to give you results commensurate with the amount of time you're going to put into making it.

However, I do see a lot of modern shotguns turned into ML O/U trap guns. Lots of 870 pumps turned into O/U with mule ear hammers. Take out the mag tube, screw in a second barrel, solder and rib it, replace the forestock, put the mechanisms in the receiver well, and Bob's Yer Uncle, there's your shot gun.

Oh...breech plug the barrels and screw in a nipple first or the powder keeps going when you pour it down the muzzle.....

This wont be a bench rest gun I am thinking it just needs to go bang.The problem I see is with the ignitoin.How will I safly do it.I have to finish doing my books or my wife will fire me but after that I am going to my gun smith to see what he comes up with.

Back