• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'Nother Southern Banded Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus13

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished this'n up. Measures 14" from end to end. has a 2" diameter cherry base, applied antler tip. finished with Aqua Fortis.
questions, comments, critiques always welcome!

100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

Just seeing the craftsmanship on something like this makes me proud to be part of this crazy ml avocation. Betcha Red Faris and friends are grinnin' proud too.
Very excellent. :applause:

Gus, if your last horns were nice, and they were, this one is at least $20-25 nicer! Probably more.

The tip on this one seems to flow and taper nicer with the horn body, and I like the way the largest band complements the plug. All in all, this is some of the nicest work you've posted. Someone at the Eastern will be lucky, I'm sure!

Thanks again all, really helps to know my work is appreciated. helps keep me motivated to keep me working! :bow:

All I can say is I am glad that I was able to aquire one of your horns before you became rich and famous, gonna put it away and someday it'll be a "newly discoverd early piece worth millions"

:thumbsup:

Back