• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not new, but moved to Hickory from Topsail - NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Mount Holly.

You have to stop by Ledford's Trading Post in Hickory sometime. It's your local muzzleloading store and home of the barefoot gunsmith. Definitely worth a visit.
1833 12th Ave NE, Hickory, NC 28601
They are great. I could sit there all day. I stopped there on our preliminary scouting trip to get some bp. I need to to go down there again, it's close to where we are and won't take the wife, so I can stay a while this time. Lol. Thanks

Alexander County's a beautiful area, and Iredell too. I go through there quite often to get to a place I sometimes work at in Wilkes. I've heard good things about Ledford's; I need to make a pilgrimage out there sometime. A buddy of mine near Granite Falls shoots a lot of BP, and that's not far from Taylorsville at all. I teach as well, in Stanly County, but thinking of relocatinf to Wilkes or Ashe in few years. High school history. More teachers need to shoot muzzleloaders, so I'm glad to hear of a kindred spirit educator out yonder!
If you're into living history, go check out Fort Defiance over at Lenoir. The fort disappeared after the AWI, but an awesome house was built there for William Lenoir during the kate 1789s and early 1790s. They do a good number of 18th century living history events out there. That's where I got started in reenacting. The guys at Davidsons Fort in McDowell County seem to be the most active group that goes there and does events, and they also host ML turkey shoots down at their reconstructed Fort in the town of Old Fort, probably just an hour and a half from you. Nonetheless, check both sites out and tell them at Fort Defiance that AJ sent you. Also, check out Horn and Fiber on Facebook. Clint is a master Horner and just lives north of Lenoir, and has also done a lot at Fort Definance.
You're in a great part of the state my friend! Welcome to the western side of the great state of No. Carolina.

Alexander County's a beautiful area, and Iredell too. I go through there quite often to get to a place I sometimes work at in Wilkes. I've heard good things about Ledford's; I need to make a pilgrimage out there sometime. A buddy of mine near Granite Falls shoots a lot of BP, and that's not far from Taylorsville at all. I teach as well, in Stanly County, but thinking of relocatinf to Wilkes or Ashe in few years. High school history. More teachers need to shoot muzzleloaders, so I'm glad to hear of a kindred spirit educator out yonder!
If you're into living history, go check out Fort Defiance over at Lenoir. The fort disappeared after the AWI, but an awesome house was built there for William Lenoir during the kate 1789s and early 1790s. They do a good number of 18th century living history events out there. That's where I got started in reenacting. The guys at Davidsons Fort in McDowell County seem to be the most active group that goes there and does events, and they also host ML turkey shoots down at their reconstructed Fort in the town of Old Fort, probably just an hour and a half from you. Nonetheless, check both sites out and tell them at Fort Defiance that AJ sent you. Also, check out Horn and Fiber on Facebook. Clint is a master Horner and just lives north of Lenoir, and has also done a lot at Fort Definance.
You're in a great part of the state my friend! Welcome to the western side of the great state of No. Carolina.
Awesome, thanks. Hope to run into some of you NC guys.

Back