• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Northwest Alabama Meet n Greet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to be there. Will be very late though. Farmers market that morning. Had a great time at the last one.
The "main event" will be about like November (9ish to 3ish) but I'll be settin up my camp Friday evenin and stayin out there til Sunday mornin. There may be some others campin too. Besides, it don't even have to be an event for you to come by and burn powder! You n the wife are welcome any time!

I really hate to miss this meet on June 8th! I have to have left shoulder surgery on June 4th here in Huntsville. I hope you all post some pictures please! Have fun and if Sparkplug has another one in November I will definitely make it!
Rob

Last edited:
The "main event" will be about like November (9ish to 3ish) but I'll be settin up my camp Friday evenin and stayin out there til Sunday mornin. There may be some others campin too. Besides, it don't even have to be an event for you to come by and burn powder! You n the wife are welcome any time!
Hey Sparkplug, I’m in the area and may be able to attend. Also have ML friends and family in the area that are interested as well. Send me particulars and location and I will see what we can do.

FYI and to answer a few questions ive been asked...

1. Since so many are coming and some can only come for the morning or evening, times have changed a little.
Times for main meetup will be from 7am-9pm Saturday, with the range available from 9am-6pm.
For those that wish to, you may still camp from Friday evening thru Sunday morning. But shooting will be limited to the hours listed above.

2. A cooler of bottled water will be available. Any other food or drink will be your reresponsibility. Feel free to pack a picnic lunch! There will be a cooking fire lit for any who wish to use it.

3. Do not offer me money for anything. This isn't a for profit event. It's just a group of friends getting together and sharing a mutual hobby. My payment will be seeing friends I have met, and getting to know those I haven't.

4. An outhouse is a available beside the shooting bench at the range. Inside the house is off limits with very few exceptions.

5. The range will be on a 1st come basis. There are no scheduled competitions, but a little friendly competition is welcome.

6. I do have some targets available. But you are welcome to bring some of your own. The targets are set up at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 yds. I also have a man sized target that can be moved around.

7. You are welcome to trade and sell here. It is just like meeting up with someone at the local walmart to make a deal.

Disclaimer...
A. Although we will try to keep everyone as safe as possible, shootin sports of any kind does have risks. I can not be responsible for any accidents or injuries. B. Anyone attending is responsible for themselves and those they bring.
C. I'm all about respect. Show it and you'll get it. If you don't, you'll leave. This is my home and I will have final say.

I really hate to miss this meet on June 8th! I have to have left shoulder surgery on June 4th here in Huntsville. I hope you all post some pictures please! Have fun and if Sparkplug has another one in November I will definitely make it!
Rob
We will try to continue with two times per year. The next will be around November. But if you feel up to it, feel free to swing by next weekend. Drag up a chair and enjoy a conversation! I may not even shoot my guns myself unless it's a teaching moment. I just enjoy the conversation!

Back