• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Non adjustable sight for a TC Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris C

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive seen one on a rifle once.
But I’d like to get rid of this adjustable sight on my rifle.
The sight it mounted to the barrel by a screw.
If anyone has done this or know where to find this part thanks for sharing.
I have checked Track if the Wolf but I may not be specific enough in my search

TC sold a set of Patrige style sights that used the mounting screw holes for the rear sight and a replacement front sight for the front dovetail. I have a set on my old 1980 vintage rifle. I bought them back then. They are adjusted by drifting and filing. I don’t know if Track sells something similar. They save the trouble of having to add a dovetail.

I happened to run across a new old stock TC rear at a local hardware store a few months back and just had to have it.

I have used the replacement sights specifically made for the TC Hawken before. They attach using screws that go into the same holes as the standard adjustable sights. I can dig around in my shop and see if I still have one around here. I don't know if they are still available or not..but they were produced so guys could shoot matches where adjustable sights were not allowed.

I have used the replacement sights specifically made for the TC Hawken before. They attach using screws that go into the same holes as the standard adjustable sights. I can dig around in my shop and see if I still have one around here. I don't know if they are still available or not..but they were produced so guys could shoot matches where adjustable sights were not allowed.

This is exactly the reason I want to change mine.
I really appreciate the help Stony.
If you have a picture of one or a rifle with one on it that would also help too.

Just walked out to check in my shop, and found one out there. If you want to send me a phone number, I'll text you a pic of it. I can send it to you if you are interested.

I got a buckhorn sight from the Hawken shop when they were in St Louis. I dovetailed it on and filled the old holes with screws Loc-tighted in and filed smooth. I replaced the front sight with a silver blade. Always hated the factory sights.

I stripped the blueing off of my TC and browned it. I also took off the supplied sight, cut a dovetail between the screw holes, and mounted a 'Hawken' buckhorn rear sight (one of the long, ramp-adjustable ones, but you could uses non-adjustable ). The rifle doesn't look so 'factory' now, which is exactly what I wanted.

I never seem to find a back sight configuration I like so I make my own. This is not hard at all. If you have a vice, hack saw a few files and drill motor.
Get a chunk of 3/4" x 3/4" cold roll for your stock material.
Dove tail the barrel the same way, by hand. Just take your time and protect the barrel's adjacent finish with some duct tape. (front sight was made with smaller material and soldered together)
Flintlocklar:D
IMG_0528 2.jpeg
IMG_0943.jpeg

Back