• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No squirrels but enough to wet the appetite

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul63

36 Cal.
Reaction score
CWrOzfa.jpg
Thought Id sneak in an afternoon hunt before all the holiday festivities started, so I fed the Charleville some #5's and headed out...but alas, it was not meant to be. After about an hour a steady rain moved in and cut things short.
Even though my hunt got cut short it was great to be out putting my mind and scences into hunting mode again after a to long of abscence from the woods.
Sometimes those short hunts are just enough to really wet ones appetite for more.

My back yard is woods...I take a walk almost daily through it with a gun...I almost always see something, but am very selective in what I shoot.
I never shoot squirrels as them come to my feeders and give me much enjoyment....I'm always surprised at what I see....Or what tracks I see...
I have seen Deer, turkeys, coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, ermine, skunks, possums, woodchucks, more birds than I could name.. coon, otter, fox, Small rodents, cats, etc.....
Those short little "hunts" yield a lot of enjoyment....

Take the time when you can... :thumbsup:
I call it me time with the real world....
Good to do a reset.
I needed an hour this am....just enough....

Latest posts

Back