• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrim
Reaction score
im looking for a entry level flintlock and need some help. im thinking a 40 or 45 and prefer full stock. new used or a kit would be fine. i have a 32 crockett by traditions but would really like to get into something a little more period correct and am craving a flintlock. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome!

There's the Blue Ridge rifle; look here too. . It's offered in .45. Many like it. Traditions also sales a full stock flinter.

Period Correct is a big topic. If you are looking for PC, save the money and get something quality. Entry level flinters can present problems because of the quality of parts. Not all of them, but some.

There are a few guys on here that have the Blue Ridge, hopefully they can chime in.

Yeah! Somebody newer than me!

Welcome 25 ought--yeah I had on of those once. MOF I handled a HighWall in that cal just this evening.

Best advice I've gotten in my flurry of scratching and digging for info is-find a club, go to a shoot, look at and handle (ask nicely) stuff that you like.

Then save the quarters (don't wash your car and eat beans and rice instead of take out for a while) until you can get to the "good stuff". It's just not that big of a step (dollar wise) from the better imports to the the plainer-yet more PC-domestic kits and even some assembled rifles.

Look at Petaconica, Sitting Fox, and Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading fer example.

Save your pennies PC usually means far better componets than what your rifle has now. Look for a good used gun if your not into building a kit gun yet. Look at the Track of the Wolf web sight and you'll see some pretty nice guns there plus parts and kits.You may also find what your looking for here in the sale adds. Good luck and good hunting..

i really like the sitting fox guns especialy the poor boy and southern style. i want something big enough to go deer hunting but still not to big if i wanted to shoot squirrel or rabbit. im not to far from friendship,IN so i think next rendevouz i will have to try harder to make it. thanks for the info.

Back