• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie from North Idaho

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Libertate

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good evening! New member hailing from the Idaho panhandle here.

My father purchased a CVA .50 cal Kentucky percussion rifle from a friend (kit built) some 30 years ago, and it sat in our closet for a number of years when we lived in Southern California and then was again relegated to the closet when we moved to Idaho some 20-odd years ago. It wasn’t until a couple years ago that I mentioned to my wife I’d like to display the rifle on our living room wall, and so that’s just what I did. Staring up at it one morning while sipping on my cup of coffee, I thought to myself, “I’m gonna’ shoot that thing!” Needless to say, I’m hooked! I recently picked up on a T/C Renegade (also chambered in .50) and I’m hoping to do some hunting with it this year. I’d also like to venture into the realm of flintlocks, and I’m excited about where my black powder journey might take me.
IMG_9263.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9202.jpeg
    IMG_9202.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome from WA. don't know where your at but Buffalo Arms in Ponderey is a decent resource for supplies and local info, there is a good ML club in the CDA area that has monthly shoots also, you may be able to find that info at Buffalo or give October Country in CDA a call, they can probably help you out with that, have fun!

Welcome from WA. don't know where your at but Buffalo Arms in Ponderey is a decent resource for supplies and local info, there is a good ML club in the CDA area that has monthly shoots also, you may be able to find that info at Buffalo or give October Country in CDA a call, they can probably help you out with that, have fun!
Thanks for the info! I am aware of Buffalo Arms; Ponderay is about 45 minutes from my place in Hayden. They’re about the only local resource for percussion caps, and I stopped in to their facility a couple months ago to avoid shipping charges on some #11s.

It looks like I may need to stop in again soon and pick up some Goex or Swiss for my new flintlock. I’ve been shooting Triple 7 with my percussion rifles but it’s my understanding that real black powder is a necessity for flintlocks.

I’ll absolutely look into the Coeur d’Alene muzzleloading club! The city of Coeur d’Alene’s just a hop, skip, and a jump from where I live.

Latest posts

Back