• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndavisusa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I came on what I thought was a good deal yesterday at a yard sale. None of this is for sale, I'm keeping it. I bought a TC Hawkins, with original barrel and a fast twist barrel. Five pounds of black powder, seven tins of 11 caps, two boxes of minne balls, five boxes of round balls, very nice possibles bag, powder measure and extra nipples and such. I'm wondering if I got a good deal as I think. I paid $300 for it all. The rifle and barrels are like new, but I believe its a older rifle. Serial no on barrel is 50##. Any input will be appreciated even if I didn't get a good deal as I think :idunno:

Yep. Just the rifle with the original barrel alone is worth what you paid (or maybe more) for the whole deal if it's in good shape.

You got burned. I'll sacrifice myself and take it off your hands for what you have in it. :haha: :haha:

How can you sleep at night?
Around here just the gun with only one barrel and no more would sell for $350 or so.

Going to shoot it today. Going to start at 80 gr with patched ball. Looking for deer load for 50 yds or less. :)

I got just a smidge better deal than you, (inherited a custom half stock and supplies!)

You got a great deal on that.

Welcome to the sickness. My poor center fire and rim fire guns are not played with much, inherited most of them but may take them out time to time. The black powder guns are way more fun to shoot and my GF is interested in shooting too!

Good show!

I'd second that! I've seen possible bags alone go for 100$ or more.. that coupled with the value of the lead and powder and ALL the accessories you got with the rifle..I'd say YES.. a good deal indeed! However.. I woulda tried to talk em down.. :haha:

Back