• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New W.B. Selb Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srkmarine1101

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Just took delivery last week.
36in .54 tapered Rice barrel.
Should hopefully have some pics up from my range trip here pretty soon.
The wait was definitely worth it šŸ˜

Attachments

• 20211218_091730.jpg
    20211218_091730.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 20211218_085734.jpg
    20211218_085734.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 20211218_085838.jpg
    20211218_085838.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 20211218_085847.jpg
    20211218_085847.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 240
  • 20211218_095341.jpg
    20211218_095341.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 230
Beautiful rifle ! W B builds some really nice Hawkins .l have not seen any better . He built mine back in 2011and it is a real shooter .
My only problem with the rifle was , it looked so good l didn't want to use it for fear of scratching it . But hey l bought it to use and use it l have . Thousands of prb's later , and she still shoots like the champ she is , and l still love her .

I
Beautiful rifle ! W B builds some really nice Hawkins .l have not seen any better . He built mine back in 2011and it is a real shooter .
My only problem with the rifle was , it looked so good l didn't want to use it for fear of scratching it . But hey l bought it to use and use it l have . Thousands of prb's later , and she still shoots like the champ she is , and l still love her .
It shot great today! Just need to find some paper targets with a bullseye that is easier for me to see!

Many of the free target websites have excellent patterns to print off, if you are shooting a scoped rifle, which you are not in this instance.

Take a Vitamin C bottle, approximately 3", and use it to trace out a larger sight in circle with a Black Magic Marker. It is large enough to see up to 100 yards, and dirt cheap if you have a printer to copy them off. For fine tuning use a Vitamin B bottle, about 1 1/2" in diameter, to do the same. I can still see the smaller dot at 100 yards, but it takes much concentration, yet this way I know the rifle is ready to go.

I make some in Red or Bright Orange, but Black still seems to be the best color to designate over the sights on my Muzzleloaders.

Beautiful rifle you have procured. Just a lovely job of craftsmanship that is satisfyingly useful.

Very nice rifle. Iā€™ve shot trap with him on several occasions and heā€™s told me about his work of which he is very proud of rightly so. Oh and heā€™s a good trap shooter too. Congratulations on your new purchase!

Many of the free target websites have excellent patterns to print off, if you are shooting a scoped rifle, which you are not in this instance.

Take a Vitamin C bottle, approximately 3", and use it to trace out a larger sight in circle with a Black Magic Marker. It is large enough to see up to 100 yards, and dirt cheap if you have a printer to copy them off. For fine tuning use a Vitamin B bottle, about 1 1/2" in diameter, to do the same. I can still see the smaller dot at 100 yards, but it takes much concentration, yet this way I know the rifle is ready to go.

I make some in Red or Bright Orange, but Black still seems to be the best color to designate over the sights on my Muzzleloaders.

Beautiful rifle you have procured. Just a lovely job of craftsmanship that is satisfyingly useful.

Will do! Good idea

Back