• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New tool ! Forge ! :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya. Just roasted some pork and chicken for my landlady who is having a neighborhood gathering. Crazy, I gave them the meat and am hiding in my room with the air cranked up and sipping Pepsi and rum. You can have that Amish lifestyle today šŸ˜
LOL !! Ive heard that a lot lately from my air conditioning lovin friends ! I just sat down for the evening in front of my Amish air conditioner , the fan , and its pretty nice ... Watchin Mountain Men on DVD ..... Enjoy bud ! :)

Well .....that was a complete and utter waste of time . Three different tries , three different burns and this coal just will not catch / burn ... Wish I had some good Ohio coal , this Tennessee sh!t is sh!t .... D@mn ...It seems bit bigger than nut coal so I busted a bunch up to try and help get it started , nope .....good thing I didnt want to accomplish anything today .... G&% D@# !!! Ive really been looking forge to making a bunch of .600 round and forging a couple small things and annealing the new buttplate .... D@mn...

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_165502.jpg
    IMG_20230917_165502.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230917_162445.jpg
    IMG_20230917_162445.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230917_170528.jpg
    IMG_20230917_170528.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230917_162451.jpg
    IMG_20230917_162451.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230917_170534.jpg
    IMG_20230917_170534.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230917_162445.jpg
    IMG_20230917_162445.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Bummer dude. There are coal seems all over our part of Ohio Rob, people around here dug their own many times. My area has been strip mined years ago, but I will ask around to see if someone still has a small seem on their property.

Bummer dude. There are coal seems all over our part of Ohio Rob, people around here dug their own many times. My area has been strip mined years ago, but I will ask around to see if someone still has a small seem on their property.
I know , right ?! I live in coal country and I'm buying a bag of coal from Tractor supply that comes from Tennessee ...and it sucks . Down in Vinton county I Ju st drove the back roads and filled a couple 5 gal. buckets full ... Why does even the simplist chore become a long drawn out pain in the @$$ ... Should have been a 40 min. chore done then go back to work ...lordy ......

Three different tries , three different burns and this coal just will not catch / burn .
I see the bag is labeled "anthracite." My understanding is that anthracite isn't suitable for smithing, rather, only certain types of bituminous are used/sold as "blacksmith coal." I get mine from Centaur Forge; 50 lbs. cost me $94.00 delivered earlier this summer. Sounds like a lot but it goes a long way and is a delight to use. If you're into smithing, their catalog is most useful and has lots of forge parts too. You have a splendid work area!

I see the bag is labeled "anthracite." My understanding is that anthracite isn't suitable for smithing, rather, only certain types of bituminous are used/sold as "blacksmith coal." I get mine from Centaur Forge; 50 lbs. cost me $94.00 delivered earlier this summer. Sounds like a lot but it goes a long way and is a delight to use. If you're into smithing, their catalog is most useful and has lots of forge parts too. You have a splendid work area!
Well ain't that somethin ? Never knew the difference , thanks bud . I guess itll heat the house this winter ! LOL .I'll look into anthracite too.....thanks . Glad I posted the pic of the bag . If I have to pay prices like that for coal like you are ....I'm selling this forge . I'll go back to forging in a wood fire , thats B.S. High prices and got to get the supplies from somewhere other than local ? Nope ....Appreciate your input bud , night .

Latest posts

Back