• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the forum from Oklahoma

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodneys, hello from Norman, OK. Did you shoot with the Longrifles of the Canadian group at Arcadia (OKC Gun Club) or one of the others around that area?
I started shooting there in 1975. I was the President of that club for several years after a Ben Scott didn't want the hassle anymore. I was shooting a TC Hawken from TG&Y then with the help of two gentleman in the club I built my first flintlock in 1981. I shot at most every club in OK, some in TX, KS, MO, CO, AR and MS. I used to ride my "Geezer Glide" my sister calls my 1984 R100RT BMW to some shoots. I had a Hawken I purchased from a guy in TX I could pull the barrel pins, drop the stock and barrel in a shotgun case and load my shooting bag in the saddle bags and go to shoots. I ran my ram rod along my seat with bungie cords. Build and shoot Selfbows more now but still use the flintlocks for hunting and playing.
Where will you new shop be located?
Mike
You sent me your number but I can’t seem to find it now here’s mine I don’t usually go to bed till 10 or so 405-206-5088

New here but not to muzzleloading. I built my first muzzleloader in 1971, a barrel from Dixie and a lock kit. I think it was $25 plus shipping. I used my Muzzleloader for hunting until I found a club here in Central Oklahoma in the early 80s and shot with them for years. then got distracted by black powder cartridge rifles. I retired from teaching at a career tech here as a machinist. They allowed us to have gun building classes in the evenings. We have built muzzleloaders and single shots spring and fall classes and I’m still teaching we built some under hammers The last couple classes. I still ride my BMW 1980 r100 and my Ukrainian sidecar rig. You still have to shoot archery also. I’m in the process of moving to a new shop.Anybody close to Central Oklahoma say hi or stop by.
Shot BP in centralOk. for almost 3 decades. in northern Ok now. crosstimbers club in Tecumseh.

Welcome.
I'm over by sallisaw. Would love to participate in a gun building class, if its something you intend to keep doing!

Welcome.
I'm over by sallisaw. Would love to participate in a gun building class, if its something you intend to keep doing!
Yes I do plan to continue I’m in the process of moving to a new shop hopefully by summer be in and situated. Are you interested in under hammers. I’ll be posting pictures of some of the ones that we built

Then we should know what another my name is Rodney Storie. I talked to Rick Cox a month or so ago. I understand Cliff Sikes wife has passed away.

Then we should know what another my name is Rodney Storie. I talked to Rick Cox a month or so ago. I understand Cliff Sikes wife has passed away.
Yes and he has moved from his place in earlsboro. How is Ricky doing? Good to meet ya .

Yes I do plan to continue I’m in the process of moving to a new shop hopefully by summer be in and situated. Are you interested in under hammers. I’ll be posting pictures of some of the ones that we built
Thats great news! There is not much I am not interested in. Ill send you a pm

Back