• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some flints English @ TOW 12 for 35. plus change,a medium flint wallet off a member here 25.00, so how just waiting for the gun. I had a GPR way back in the early 80's caper, worked just fine We'll see, I am happy to get it then go from here. I don't shoot comp, some trail walks with a local club, then hunting here.

Found some flints English @ TOW 12 for 35. plus change,a medium flint wallet off a member here 25.00, so how just waiting for the gun. I had a GPR way back in the early 80's caper, worked just fine We'll see, I am happy to get it then go from here. I don't shoot comp, some trail walks with a local club, then hunting here.
Some of those that tell you a production rifle is "no good" will also tell you to use a "brass brush" to clean the barrel, some will even tell you to wrap a cotton patch over the brush to "do a better job".

My advise; learn from our forefathers and Don't Do It!
Get yourself a Tow Worm and some tow; if your just using Black Powder, and clean at the end of an outing - that, and some good cotton Flannel patches with the correct (under sized) jag is all you should need to keep the bore clean.

A good hand forged Tow Worm will run ya from $30 to $100+ (depending on where and how fancy.
Tow is not expensive if you look around, an ounce bag will last a Long time!

Or, use a brush and we have 100s of ways to get it out when (okay, "if") you get it 'Stuck'.

**note: you can even use the cheaper 'cork screw' looking "Patch Poller", I think Traditions sells them, as a tow worm: I find they are great for smaller bores and getting all the way into to breach of my Pedersolis

Some can,, some dont. It s pig in the poke buy. Taking a chance with your hard earned money.
DO you feel lucky? Well do ya

Like I said above, the lock got fixed, and the rest of the gun fell a part.
I've had 5 Lymans and nothing broke on any of them. While I've known folks who have had lessor quality guns I've never known any of them who had a rifle "fall apart". Not even sure what that means. Stock? solid piece of wood. Barrel? Solid piece of steel except touch hole liner and sights. Trigger assembly and lock? Held together with screws and pins. Yes, something can break but replacement parts are available including complete assemblies. Still costing much less than a custom or semi-custom rifle. You may decide to upgrade down the road but learn the basics and more & enjoy your purchase ,

Some can,, some dont. It s pig in the poke buy. Taking a chance with your hard earned money.
DO you feel lucky? Well do ya

Like I said above, the lock got fixed, and the rest of the gun fell a part.
Not being a smarta$$ , but on a muzzleloader it's a lock, a stock , and a barrel; what on the barrel or stock fell apart ?

Latest posts

Back