• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

interchangeable locks ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walks with fire

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Lyman Deerstalker that is flintlock and am wondering if the percussion and flint locks would interchange without any modification to the stock so that I could use a percussion barrel and a flint barrel on the same stock. Any one have both to see if they have the same stock mortises or not. Help

I have a nice .54 caliber percussion barrel made by Green mountain that will fit the flintlock Lyman Deerstalker that I have and I want to use it as it is instead of converting the barrel to flint I would just get a percussion lock as long as I don't have to modify the stock to get the percussion lock to fit. I just need someone who has a flint Deerstalker rifle and a Lyman percussion lock to see if it will fit. Not a hard question?

I have a nice .54 caliber percussion barrel made by Green mountain that will fit the flintlock Lyman Deerstalker that I have and I want to use it as it is instead of converting the barrel to flint I would just get a percussion lock as long as I don't have to modify the stock to get the percussion lock to fit. I just need someone who has a flint Deerstalker rifle and a Lyman percussion lock to see if it will fit. Not a hard question?
I've not done that swap on that model but can tell you the lock plates between the two locks are the same profile. I have my uncles GPR that he neglected the barrel on. Sometime this year I'm going to finish doing what you're doing to get it back in action to suit my wants. Just need to finish other projects and free up funds to finish it.

Latest posts

Back