• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Blackpowder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmahaney

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mark and I just picked up a Cabela's Hawken Rifle (percussion) a few months ago. The Blackpowder bug has bitten me HARD and I am learning as I go. This site caught my attention and I decided to become a member. The wealth of knowledge I have seen already is amazing. Hope to get to know some of you online here as I go thru the forums. I have enough questions to keep busy for a while! Thanks.

Welcome to the MLF Mark! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Glad to hear another has been bitten by the BP bug.

I live in a small town called Stuarts Draft. We're the center of the state, 90miles south of Winchester and 90 miles north of Roanoke.

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Welcome.Enjoy your journy into the world of BP.Ya picked the right forum.Griz

I know Stuarts draft.. Staunton, Waynesboro, Lexington, Harrisonburg, etc. Have been on 81 too many times.. Literally the highway to hell :(

welcome to the forum, I camped with the family in the Shenandoah Valley National park campsite this past summer. Looks like there would be some good deer hunting in that park. Just kidding, no really I dont think the deer in the zoo were tamer. It was ridiculous.

Hey T.O., thanks for the welcome. The deer in the park are tame. Despite the signs posted "Do not feed the wildlife" motorists just can't resist. It gets to be a problem when a bad winter hits as the deer don'y know how to forage.

Thanks Coot. I've driven through Goochland many time on my way to Greentop Outdoors in Glen Allen.

Back