• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW Taylor’s “Ace” Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one a couple weeks ago and have been messing around with it a little bit. Zero issues with it - the only "negative" is that it shoots a bit low, which is actually a good thing since it will be easy enough to adjust POA/POI with some filing of the front sight.

I'm really liking it so far. If you are considering getting one I would strongly suggest it!

I posted a couple quick videos with it. Enjoy!

Sounds like a fun shooter.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask you as you cock it, do you hear 2 clicks as you fully cock it back? 1 click being halfcocked and 2 being full cocked?

Should be 3 clicks.
Half cock, bolt drop ( bolt hitting the cyl) and full cock/lockup ( happens simultaneously).

Sounds like you have late bolt drop.

Mike

Last edited:
Should be 3 clicks.
Half cock, bolt drop ( bolt hitting the cyl) and full cock/lockup ( happens simultaneously).

Sounds like you have late bolt drop.

Mike
I'd say mine is as Mike describes, with the bolt drop and full cock/lockup happening nearly, but not quite, at the same time. So I get three clicks, but the last two happen so close together it's hard to hear the bolt drop click. If that makes any sense.

I'd say mine is as Mike describes, with the bolt drop and full cock/lockup happening nearly, but not quite, at the same time. So I get three clicks, but the last two happen so close together it's hard to hear the bolt drop click. If that makes any sense.

Yes, the problem you'll have is the bolt head peening the edge of the notch. It should drop a little sooner before the notch.

Mike

That's a perfect explanation, Thanks

Oh yeah she has a nice punch at 10 yards wich you probably don't need any more than that it defeats the purpose of a snub nose she shoots right on target.

Attachments

• 20240201_111320.jpg
    20240201_111320.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
honestly i couldn't tell there was 3 clicks i thought it was half cock and cocked i will listen closer.. my only issue was i stripped the trigger spring screw i learn the hard way you need a perfect fit screw driver that screw is very soft

Oh yeah she has a nice punch at 10 yards wich you probably don't need any more than that it defeats the purpose of a snub nose she shoots right on target.
Nice! I know we are not supposed to talk about those cylinders here, but the ACE seems like they are just made for them. I get better accuracy and it hits closer to point of aim with them compared to the percussion cylinder.

I'm really liking the way the fluted cylinder looks in it, too. Might have to pick one up!

So today I went shooting and I loss all my trigger tension is completely loose and extremely dangerous the gun fires with no trigger pressure

So today I went shooting and I loss all my trigger tension is completely loose and extremely dangerous the gun fires with no trigger pressure
I'm willing to bet the trigger/bolt spring broke. These springs break all the time in Piettas. Thankfully they are cheap and easy to replace. Buy several to keep as spares - you'll probably need them.

i learned the hard way (pun ) you need a perfect fit screw driver that screw is very soft

Even a very good fit screwdriver can be not good enough with those soft screws.

The Pietta is metric and you can get those at ACE. I do not have a Uberti so not known on those though the cones are standard threat. The OLD ASP NMA is also metric so there is a link between ASP and Pietta.

Even a very good fit screwdriver can be not good enough with those soft screws.

The Pietta is metric and you can get those at ACE. I do not have a Uberti so not known on those though the cones are standard threat. The OLD ASP NMA is also metric so there is a link between ASP and Pietta.
This is the bit for pietta

Attachments

• 20240208_124056.jpg
    20240208_124056.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Just got the same exact setup myself with the checkered grip. Arrives later on today from Taylor's. I didn't get the fluted cylinder though, just the normal one.

I also am in CT, outside new haven

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the trigger/bolt spring broke. These springs break all the time in Piettas. Thankfully they are cheap and easy to replace. Buy several to keep as spares - you'll probably need them.
So I took it apart it was not broken but the long leg that goes to the trigger was I guess too curled up and would fall off the notch that it rest on the trigger so I flatten it a little and seem to be good now but the click on half cocked is soft trigger still feel little too soft for me but it has tension now. I still ordered 3 spares.

i bent the trigger spring back slight tours the curl and have much better tension. It may have been too tight from factory now i get the three clicks distinguishly i say is perfect timing now?

Yeah that ace hits hard going right through the tree with those 45 colts

1 picture is entry wound second picture exit wound third is just a profile of the thickness of the tree

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330_192530_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240330_192530_Gallery.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240330_170453.jpg
    20240330_170453.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240330_170445.jpg
    20240330_170445.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back