• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildeagle

45 Cal.
Reaction score
The sheath I just recently finished, the knife I made a few years back.
Soft doe skin with parfleche liner.Old red,yellow,blue whitehearts.
100_0814.jpg

Damascus blade(512 layers),bone scales. 10\0 seed beads.
This was the last of the damascus billets I got from Atlanta cutlery about 10 yrs back.
100_0812.jpg

100_0813.jpg

I think i paid 18$ a piece for the billets back then, wish I could get them for that now. :shocked2: I started this project about the end of may, I'm getting slow in my old age, the beading takes a little longer than it use to :redface:

Great work as usual Wildeagle! :hatsoff:
All this great beadwork makes me sick, ( sick that I am so bad at it )! :haha:

Seriously though until you try it you can't begin to appreciate the time and effort that goes into a project like that! :bow:

Thanks Cliff for the :thumbsup: ,I think beading is like scrimming or carving, it takes repetition. Thats what makes it look good. The same tension on the thread,same # of beads(if using lazy stitch) ect. The one thing that makes it easier is good eyes, those holes in the beads and the eye of the needle are sooooooooooo small. :shocked2: that's what my eyes feel like after a session of beading :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Really nice work on both the sheaths and the knives. :hatsoff: That Damascus has sure gone up in price since then!

Wow, great beadwork. I understand about the eyes. I only work up the nerve to do bead work about once a year so my fingers can have time to heal :rotf:

Back