• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Black

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a horn that I had made for me. I was made by Sylvia Merkel. I am extremely happy with how it turned out and her attention to detail is amazing. I am also going to have her make me a flat priming horn to match. In this day and age, I think the message it conveys is more important than ever. Thanks for looking!
DSCF1262.jpg

DSCF1263.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1266.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

Stunning! Modern but SO in touch with past history ... I very much like the old text executed in a modern script. On top of the modern twist you executed so perfectly you have succeeded to recreate a nice collector piece! :hatsoff:

Thank you everyone for all the great replies. I really enjoy using this horn and showing it off! I can't wait till Sylvia gets done with my primer horn.

That's a beaut... can't wait to see the accompaning priming horn from the artist... +1

That has got to be one of the absolutely nicest horns I've ever seen! The beauty of her work is only matched by the strength of the horn's message.\

Fantastic!

Back