• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Powder Horn "Carpe Diem"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Powder Horn #54, "Carpe Diem" is finished today and I am offering it for sale.
This beautiful right-hand carry horn is 12" from tip to the simply carved Tulip Poplar base plug, which measures 3" high and 2.25" wide. The plug is fastened with wooden pegs.

On starting work on this one, I decided to make a more elaborately engraved horn, using various work panels and border designs all around. The inscription, 'Carpe Diem', is Latin (taken from Homer) which roughly means "Seize the Day". The quote just came to me while I was engraving this horn, and I feel it was appropriate to grace the horn considering it’s two exciting hunting scenes.

I also attempted to emulate woodcuts, and as a whole tried to give the horn a Romanesque feel to it. (The scene with the Hunter and horn is a loose copy of an old original woodcut, and the Hog Hunter is from my own imagination.)

I am asking $650 for this unique piece. I feel it is a bit of art, as well as a perfectly functional powder horn. I would be thrilled to keep it for myself but cant. I sincerely hope it finds a great home to grace and a new owner who will be very proud of this lovely horn.

I gladly accept either Personal Checks or Money Orders.
NOTE** A Layaway Plan is available.

Thank you for looking.
I will be happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos.
~Bob
AKA PathfinderNC

Attachments

• 54  1.jpg
    54 1.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 54  2.jpg
    54 2.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  3.jpg
    54 3.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  4.jpg
    54 4.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  5.jpg
    54 5.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  6.jpg
    54 6.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  7.jpg
    54 7.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  8.jpg
    54 8.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  9.jpg
    54 9.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 54  10.jpg
    54 10.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Bob, this horn speaks to me. I really like the hunter and his dog facing formidable prey. It is truly art that you should be proud of.
You need a lawaway plan, lol.
Im glad you like it! These photos really don’t do justice to this piece at all. I need a better way to photograph my stuff.
Your idea of a layaway plan might be a good one, actually. Good suggestion!

Fantastic art work Bob. Again, thanks for sharing and inspiring. Heading to the shop myself right now.
Get any rain last night? Nothing here in Chatham Co.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back