• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastikosmd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
not sure on this one. It is marked as a Marston, while similar to some of the Marston pistols, none are quite right. However, it is a dead ringer for an Allen-Thurber target pistol, down to the cool rear sight. The trigger guard would be of the earlier type. I am not sure if that means this is a Marston copy, a design that was sourced to Marston from A+T, a prototype built by Marston or something different? Caliber appears to be 41 or so. Anyway it looks like a cool target pistol that should be fun to shoot
cde0b14d.jpg

2434b584.jpg

6d4d37e9.jpg

b57c32c2.jpg

Someone I know needed to sell some stuff to buy another gun. I bought it and some other stuff that doesn't fit in here

yep, seems so. I got some more info from another sight. I guess Allen perfected a casting technique and would sell raw castings to to other makers. That would help explain what a AT barrel casting is doing on a Marston gun, at least it is one thought. Cant wait to shoot it.

Very neet pistol , thanks for sharing those pics.
If that gun could talk , I bet it spent some relaxing hours with a crew of very layed back folks shooting informal targets, ? Maybe even some ice tea and sandwiches .

Kelly Reb

Well got to start workin up a load today. .41 ball, .018 patch, 10g of FFFg.
50 yards, It has potential for an 1850's era gun
3639fa94.jpg

Back