• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new peep on crockett

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
new rear sight on my crockett. easy on bad eyes!

IM001508.jpg

IM001507.jpg

interchangable rear aperatures and a gold bead front sight. rear elevation screw makes good use of the odd inlay in the top of the wrist.

thanks windwalker au, i make shoot it in a match next month after i get it sighted at 50 yds. it will accept a merit adjustable iris too.

Did you make it????? Where did you find such a interesting piece of metal. Looks like it should work like a charm. Good shooting.
Fox :thumbsup:

walruskid,
What is the elevation screw setting on? Is it tapped into the tange? :hmm:
snake-eyes

i'll post a pic of the top view when i get off work today. the screw sits on a oval factory brass inlay. perfect location for the screw to rest on. i bought the sight at the log cabin gun shop in lodi, oh. i'm sure track of the wolf or dixie sell the same animal. the sight didn't come with a aperature but there cheap to buy from champions choice or champion shooting supply. both target/highpower suppliers.

Good lookin gun you got there. I am not sure but from reading the other post I assume I am correct in saying this rifle is made by Traditons from some of the comments made.
I have a 50 cal. Hawkens made by them. No its not a custom piece but its a shooter. Overall been real pleased with Traditions. I bought their kit and quality control on the stock could have been better, but nothing I couldn't handle. Traditons has been having trouble with their email system and getting a reply via email is very hit or miss. However I had trouble with my double trigger on my Hawk after building it was not functioning like it should have and after examining it closely decided it was a factory problem. I called the company explained the problem, told them I felt it was dangerous as it was. In two weeks they delivered a new trigger too my door no charge, no hassle. After recieving new trigger and examining the two triggers side by side the first one should not have gotten by their quality control. I really had to study both of them to see problem, so could see how it may have gotten by in a kit. Point is their customeer service was great once I got hold of them! :yakyak: Sorry I took so long to say all that.
Enjoy your new rifle and the obsession that comes with it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Gotta laugh. life is too short without it! :blah: :rotf: :rotf:

IM001511.jpg
IM001510-1.jpg

sorry its blurry, cheap camera or too many beers after work.
a use for the odd oval inlay. thanks traditions!

Dave,
Nice looking job on the sight. Don't forget the sights, with the mirrors, you saw down here if you have to go the left eye with a right handed rifle. But then again you can use one of the underhammers.
Mark :)

mark, do you still have the mirror rifle set up? you could help somebody get back into the sport with that animal. i'd post a pic.

Latest posts

Back